Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kanai Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 PM
kennebell50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kanai Buggy

Hello everyone. I just traded my helicopter for a Kanai buggy and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get parts mostly tires/wheels pretty cheap. I don't really see myself doing anymore business with Tower due there inflated prices. People on Ebay can't be trusted and think there stuff is worth more than it is. Know of any good cheap online hobby stores.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:00 PM
dagass

Default RE: Kanai Buggy

Well, you can try:

Stormer Hobbies
Ace Hobbies
Hobby People

and maybe even your LHS. When it all comes down to it though, Tower still has some of the best prices in town.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:18 PM
kennebell50

My LHS is a total joke, they have about 5 planes RTF, 2 Tmaxxs, some mini-z's and a crap load of bulkheads, a-arms, etc for that sorry Tmaxx. I can't get a spur gear for my Savage there. I'd like to open my own LHS because I'd have an understanding for peoples needs and wants. The people that own this LHS are about 75 years old and probably haven't touched a radio in 30years if ever. It totally digust me.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Henderson

My LHS has good prices; that's where i buy tires. I've had good luck with Pro-Line Knuckles as far as lasting a while (assuming you're running on dirt, not pavement).

Which Kanai did you get, I or II? What kind of engine and pipe in it? (I have the Kanai II so i like hearing about others).
Old 10-03-2003, 09:56 AM
kennebell50

I got a Kanai 1 fully upgraded, rex 5 engine, Futaba digital radio. Its looks good in the picture. hopefully its not one of those thats trashed when it shows in the mail. Got a good deal on it though.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Henderson

You are going to love that Kanai. I wanted a Rex P5 for mine but at the time there were none available anywhere and i'd have had to wait two weeks. I ended up going with an O.S. VZ-B(P), which i'm real happy with.

Last night i picked up a set up Fioroni chassis braces for my Kanai II from a guy at the track. Only other thing i'll upgrade is the shock towers when i eventually bend the stockers. Other than than, forget it. Kanai parts are that good.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:35 AM
kennebell50

This is my first buggy, I've always had stadiumtrucks and monster trucks. My biggest problem I'll have the buggy is remembering its limits. I have a Savage fully upgraded thats takes 25ft. jumps with a smile. I don't I want to do that with the buggy though.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Henderson

I like trucks too, especially stadium trucks. But there's nothing like a 1/8 scale buggy with a race engine pulling out on the track. It's a whole different league. It is just so impressive when they start clearing triples and quads with almost NO runway.

Stadium trucks do laps just as quick as buggies at the track i go to, but they're just not as awe inspiring to watch.

As far as bashing...i wouldn't dream of it with my Kanai II. I've got way too much time and money into it to be launching it 20' into the air and doing endless top speed runs up and down the field. When i decide i want to bash i'll get a monster truck. MT's are better for bashing anyway. Buggies are at their best on a prepared race track IMO.