Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Spektrum/BR6000 & Tamiya Pershing DMD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Spektrum/BR6000 & Tamiya Pershing DMD

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:38 AM
garon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum/BR6000 & Tamiya Pershing DMD

Hello all, I am new to forums and I would like to ask for some help. I am currently trying to figure out how to install the BR6000 with the DMD unit that comes with the pershing. So far I've been getting a feedback noise from the speaker unit and unsure if I did something wrong. Also on top of that I am unsure where the channels connect into the receiver, since the instruction booklet is not very detailed about this part. I appreciate your help in advance!

_g
Old 01-20-2007, 01:54 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum/BR6000 & Tamiya Pershing DMD

Garon,

The guys at Desert Armor Korps (DAK) have some tips about using Spektrum radios with Tamiya tanks. Look for the pdf link on this page

http://web.mac.com/ethandunsford/iWe...io%20Room.html

Which booklet wasn't clear, the Tamiya or Spektrum?

Where in California are you located? If you are in the southern part, check out our website (below)

Kevin O
<S.C.A.T.>

www.socalareatankers.com
Old 01-20-2007, 04:50 PM
garon

Hello ksoc,

Thanks for the reply! I am actually northern CA, SF...it was the Tamiya booklet that wasn't really clear on where the other channels would connected to the receiver. Programming the remote with the receiver is pretty alien to me so I have to do a little more research on that, but thanks for the link I will read up on it. If you have any more info I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
_g
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM
llrdhsktr

Where in the Bay Area are you? You might contact member of or visit the Bay Area Tankers website for advice on your Spektrum. It might be too late, but our first club meeting is tomorrow 1/14 starting at 1PM in Portola Valley. Several members here have the Spektrum dialed in with various Tamiya tanks. See http://www.bayareatankers.org/ for more info.

Lester [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
garon

Hi lester!

Yes I know about the BAT I've spoken to Jay(?) a few months back when I got my tank, and he invited me out to one of your meets...I think it was back in Oct? I have contacted him today since he did suggested to me about the spektrum and the Br6000, so I hope to hear from him soon.

Thanks,
_g
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
llrdhsktr

If you can make it to the meeting tomorrow, you can talk to and see how the latest mods with the radio are being done for the Spektrum. Weather is gonna be clear, so we will be running our tanks! Hope to see you!

L
Old 01-21-2007, 12:41 AM
garon

Well it seems like I binded alright? I can get the turret to turn and the cannon to go up and down, but I can't make it move. Not sure how to proceed really, funny thing is to turn the turret its on my left stick up and down, to make the cannon go up and down is lef to right on my right stick. Will mess around with it tonight to see if I can get it right.

_g
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always assign different functions to different sticks. You have to know what the different channels are on the receiver. Left and right on the right stick is the aileron channel. If you want to move the cannon up and down by pressing up and down on your right stick, then pull the up/down cannon electrical lead from the aileron channel on the receiver and plug the lead into the elevator channel.

All receivers have standard airplane setup:

* Up/Down on left stick = throttle
* Left/Right on left stick = rudder
* Up/Down on right stick = elevator
* Left/Right on right stick = aileron
Old 01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

One question, did you rev the engine in reverse to trip the safety feature of the tank? The Pershing saftey feature reacts differently to different radios and my spectrum works by pulling the stick pull down and holding it for a second. You can adjust the throttle trim on the radio.

One fix we recommend is a replacement battery for the DX6 that has increased running time 10x. I will post the link when I get back to my other computer.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
garon

Actually no I could not run it or anything, just the turret turn & cannon elevation was the only two things I could do. I tried making it run, but couldn't do I don't know what I did wrong.

My current channel setting on my receiver is this:

BR6000 (BOT receiver) Tamiya DMD
BAT CH.2
THR CH.4
AILE CH.3
RUD CH.1
GER na
AUX na

Thanks for the help guys!
_g
Old 01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garon,

Does the engine rev, but the tracks don't move? The Pershing has a 'safety' feature that when you first turn it on, the tracks won't move until you move the trim, rev the motor, then reset the trim. This is to stop you tank from launching off a table accidently. It should be detailed in the smaller instruction book that came with the Pershing.

Kevin O
<S.C.A.T.>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Co39676.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	603568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98646.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	603569  
Old 01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
garon

Does anybody have a pershing setup like the deafault setting here: http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...6_pershing.htm

and where the channels connect into the br6000 correctly, thanks for the help guys!

_g
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
edoubleaz

I run all my tanks so the tracks are left thumb and the turret is right thumb. Call me xbox generation. This setup is more natural to me. With my USMC Sherman, I never had to set the DMD either. I literally just plugged and played
Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 PM
garon

That sounds like the right setup for me, what is that setup edoubleaz?

Edit: Finally got the motor to rev, but can't get it out of neutral to make it run.

Edit: Ha got it to run, but when I click left it turns right, click right it turns left, is this right? Or could I make it click left it turns left, click right it turns right?

Edit: Night mode doesn't work, cannon led does not work.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 PM
csal

You could try to reverse the channel for your turning to get it to move correctly. This is done on the radio.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM
edoubleaz

Yes what he said, you can reverse the functions with the radio. Refer to the manual to see the exact switch combination. The next step is naming the tank setting so you can look cool with your friends. Our biggest problem as a club right now is our Spektrums look alike. I put a US Army Air Corps logo on mine.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 AM
garon

Ah, sweet got it to work! I appreciate all the help guys !
Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 AM
raimian

there is also a upgrade do'able to the DX6 transmitter to make it have longer runtimes, the DX6 has a cheap quality power regulator which is very inefficient.

i found this upgrade while looking for variouse parts for tanks, http://www.dimensionengineering.com/...ektrum_mod.htm , it does require some skill with a soldering iron and will invalidate your warrenty (but it seems worth it)

the results will increase runtime from about 2hours 19mins to about 5hours 33mins
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
garon

Oh that sounds neat, yeah I noticed that the battery goes down pretty fast when I use it. The link is on that page on where to purchase it correct?

Thanks,
G
Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 AM
raimian

yes the link is near the top of the page, the item is a DE-SW033 voltage regulator.