Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

tiger rear IDLER axle location, height....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

tiger rear IDLER axle location, height....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Kabul Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger rear IDLER axle location, height....

Hey All,

I have an idea for improving the HL Tiger rear idler but I have one question first.

I plan on using the Tamiya King Tiger suspension arms with axle, with one mod to the part, grinding off the flat flanges. (See the first picture)

now to do this I will have to grind off the smaller diameter axle housing the idler wheel axle is inserted into at the factory. I will then have to drill a hole in the middle of ther larger round housing and insert the axle so I can mount the suspension arm.

now my question... once mounted I think the center axle for the idler wheel will be about 5mm lower than the factory level, which will give the hull more clearance but will this affect the tank?

Brimausters mods appear to cause this (Second picture) Look at the idler wheel axle in relation to the bottom of the hull. Does anyone see a problem with this.. before I statrt to grind away parts from my hull.

Of course once mounted the axle will spin allowing the idler wheel position to move in turn adjusting the tension. Set screw in the hull will hold the axle in place.

this has also been discussed at ....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_51..._1/key_/tm.htm

Thanks

KT
Attached Images