Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

roll cages

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 AM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll cages

have any of you ever built a roll cage before and if so how didi you do it and can you post some pictures. i am learning to weld in dt next year so i want that to be my project

thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 04:46 PM
greasysnowball

Default RE: roll cages

to be honesti with you i havnt yet. but this year in welding im going to make a role cage as a project for my car
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
armedtotheteeth

Go to www.rccrawler.com, and look at some of the tubular chassis. There is also a step by step on how to sauter steel tubing, all you'd need to do is design it and come up with points to mount it on your chassis. The other this to remember is aluminum is VERY hard to work with, I would reccomend making one out of steel tubing.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:26 PM
iliketobreakthings

make one from metal coat hangers... i did and it worked well but i dont hav enay pictures
Old 08-27-2005, 04:06 AM
ross_jsy

i know aluminium(or aluminum if you are american) is hard to work so i am thinking of having 2 strips of steel flatbar bent into shape then weld round bar to it to give strength. its a tvp chassis so the flatbar will simply bolt on. i am going to design another cage on my cad software and make that when i have time. the plan is to get good and start selling them for a bit of pocket money