Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Setting Camber

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 PM
mikers4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting Camber

should front and rear camber be changed together, or is there ever a time when you want less camber in the front or the rear? this goes for on and offroad.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
jg1501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting Camber

well i know when it comes to off road in 1/10 scale associated b4s that you pretty much keep them on the neg side. there are books you can get on setting up your car from associated http://www.rc10.com/newprod/tuning_guides.htm. hope this helps. im no expert but thats what i have been told positive is not a good thing and your rear should match your front. and if im wrong someone please correct me because id like to tell about 30 other people they are wrong to. well maybe not i want the advatage lol
Old 12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Setting Camber

Front and rear don't need to be changed together. Camber generally affects how the vehicle feels when going through turns and bumps. More camber will often smooth out a car that is having trouble negotiating a rough section without getting caught in it. Less camber can make a vehicle feel more responsive to inputs for a more precise feel on smooth tracks. For offroad, usually more front camber is used than rear, generally 1-2 degrees neg. in front and 0-1 in the rear. Less in the rear will generally give more forward traction. Onroad cars mostly adjust camber for even tire wear which equates to the most traction. This is usually .5-1 all around depending on tires and camber gain.

Less camber in front is very rare, if ever used at all. I won't say never because someone somewhere might find a use for it, but in general, never.