Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is Iron Bay Models Still Alive?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is Iron Bay Models Still Alive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:47 AM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Iron Bay Models Still Alive?

Have accessed their website but all airplane kits seem no longer available. I'm specifically looking for wheels and brakes for an F-20(Byron kit). Their email address doesn't seem to work as all attempts to contact them were returned by my server. Anyone with any info is appreciated.
Rob Puetz
Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 AM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Is Iron Bay Models Still Alive?

I recieved an e-mail from them last week. They said they could get me any parts for the Byron line I wanted - except the foam stuff. They are doing a lot of military work right now though.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

That's their standard answer. I've been trying to get them to answer the phone or emails for months about buying a few fans'never get a person to pick up the phone or answer my emails. You decide if they really are in business of any kind.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:01 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: F15driver

Have accessed their website but all airplane kits seem no longer available. I'm specifically looking for wheels and brakes for an F-20(Byron kit). Their email address doesn't seem to work as all attempts to contact them were returned by my server. Anyone with any info is appreciated.
Rob Puetz
All of the byron kits War Birds and Jets used Robart wheels, they did not use brakes on DF kits.

Alan
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ron Stahl

You decide if they really are in business of any kind.
This is a "quote of the year" candidate in my mind.

I think if you use what most people's idea of what the term "being in business" means as the standard, about 1/2 to 2/3rds of hobby companies were never a business to begin with.

No offense intended to Iron Bay, just stating facts and why many people get disappointed with suppliers that are really only into business "part time" to begin with.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks Matt for the nomination. You are so right with your assesment of the "Hobby Business" most of the players are small 2-3 people operations that are after hour operations by people with 9-5 jobs. Look how many guys get burned by "professional builders" who get the guys planes and sometimes money and they get nothing but excuses of when the plane will be finished. I have worked for a defence contractor (AAI Corp. in Maryland) for over 20 years and we build the Shadow series of UAV's used by the US Army and Marines and if I was not a modeler I would have never known about Ironbay. I really would like to see them show up at a AUVSI Show if they are in the UAV business as well like they claim.