Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Wanting help on what to start with

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Wanting help on what to start with

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 04:11 PM
ErnTern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wanting help on what to start with

Hello everyone, I am brand new to the RC drift scene and I pretty sure there are a lot of thread along the lines of this, but I was hoping someone would be willing to help with what to decide.

To start off I've found a few RTR set ups but I am not sure on which one to go with. The first one is a Yokomo Drift Package NEO/2WD. I like how simple these are, but I just cannot seem to find them anywhere besides on Hearns Hobbies, however, they are on backorder. My second option would be a MST RMX 2.0 that is used but comes with two shells, new set of aluminum dampers with oil, and batteries. My only gripe with this one is that it is out of my price range at about 500 dollars. I understand that this is an expensive hobby and that 500 dollars for this setup is quite cheap, but I was just hoping for some input from the community which is way more well knowledged on this topic.

And if anyone has any other input for example other types of beginner chassis/electronics, reliable websites to buy from, or even better ways to save money while still having fun with RC drift cars would be much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:40 PM
bill_delong

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Been a while since I was into drifting but I only ran 4WD which was very easy... I know the current fad is 2WD but I understand 2WD is more challenging but can also be a lot more aggressive.

If you're hard set on a 2WD, then consider the Sakura D5 for a solid entry level setup, this is a kit, but reasonably priced:
https://3racing.shop/collections/d5-...eel-base-210mm

For a first time drifter I feel that 4WD will be easier, but will also be more limited on how aggressive you can snap into drifts with, these are true RTR:
https://www.nitrorcx.com/rc-electric-drift-car.html

Note that the OEM for the Exceed DriftKing is the Nanda NRX10 which is fairly reasonable to get parts globally, just as well as Sakura. Both are reputable low priced entry level options to get into drifting with.

Good Luck!