Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

What 4C would you stick on the VQ A-26?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

What 4C would you stick on the VQ A-26?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 04:11 AM
f2racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 4C would you stick on the VQ A-26?

I'm thinking about getting one, but I'd prefer to stick 4Cs on it. What 4Cs would you recommend on this model?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:36 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default VQ A-26

I wrote the review over at the sister site at rcwarbirds.com on this model. The owner had me install Magnum .52's and three blade props. The plane also has retracts and onboard glow drivers.
This is not enough power, or at least with three blade props!!!
Yes, it flies after a long take off run on concrete, but the flying is at almost full power at all times. Maybe substituting two blade props would help,but the owner wanted the scales look.
Hope this helps a little.
Twinman
Old 02-16-2003, 02:54 PM
f2racer

Default What 4C would you stick on the VQ A-26?

Twinman, I was thinking about getting a couple of Saito 40s. They're about the same weight as the the TT Pro-36s that you reviewed you A-26 with (5 oz lighter than the 52s each), but supposedly can turn an 10.5x6 or 11x6 prop 11,000 rpm (my TT Pro-36 can turn an 11x3 prop at about 14,000rpm, but I wouldn't consider putting an 11x6 on it). I plan on using 2 blade props. What do you think?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:39 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default f2racer

The plane flew much better with the TT .36 with two blade props than the magnum .56's with three blade props.
Cannot tell you what the rpm was, has been a while, but I did not like the idea of full power for flight and 400' takeoff on concrete with the magnums.
I would consider 11x5 over the 11x6 I use this prop on almost all .40's with trainers for more thrust. 12x4 is better, but you do not have the clearance and you need some speed for this bird.
Good Luck,