Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Best prop position on a G23 for hand starting.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Best prop position on a G23 for hand starting.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 03:48 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Best prop position on a G23 for hand starting.

My G23 has about 3 gallons of fuel through it and hand starts fairly easily with the prop set at approx. 10:20 on the clock face as the compression stroke starts. Does anyone have a prop. setting other than this that enables easy hand starting, and which might work better than mine.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
JimRoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best prop position on a G23 for hand starting.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Use what you have and Be Happy.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:31 AM
karolh

Why is it we always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Thanks Jim for putting me back on track.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 AM
JimRoss

Sometimes the danged trees get in the way of the forest and we have a hard time distinguishing the good wood from the bad. Hope I did not offend with my sarcasm, not intended that way. If you can hand start your G-23 I am jealous. I have to use an electric starter every time on my G-26. Can NOT get it to start by hand. Must be getting old and weak.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
karolh

I'm pretty sure no offence was meant Jim, plus we are all big boys here and a little ribbing is taken in good spirits.

Sorry about the hand starting problem with your G26, as I'm really picking at straws as my G23 hand starts fairly easily. Just like a woman, get her wet and she's ready to go. I have heard so many good reports about Ralph's electronic ignition systems, installing one might be the answer to your problem, as I am thinking of going that route with my 23 one of these days.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:24 PM
JimRoss

On this subject I must take my own advice. My 26 doesn't really present a problem for me. It's just as easy to use my electric starter than to try to hand start it. I got a Hobbice 180 starter and it spins the poop out of that engine. Starts every time for me. I don't need to go to electronic ignition cause this engine really runs like a bandit and I don't want to do anything to change it.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:59 PM
karolh

It might certaintly be to my advantage to to take heed and listen to your thinking, as my engine runs really well, turning a APC 17X 6 at close to 9,000 and a MA 16 X 8 at 8,300. Does it really get any better than that....now I'm not sure.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:11 PM
JimRoss

It can get better but the cost versus the benefit is too high. You can always throw money at any problem but there comes a point where it just doesn't gain you enough to warrant paying the extra bucks. If you have an engine that performs, RUN IT and enjoy it. I know I do. I have been looking for a tuned pipe for my 25cc weedie engine on my Stinger 120. Found on but by the time I buy it, the manifold, coupler, mounting bracket and what ever else they can think of to sell me, the dang engine ain't worth it.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:27 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

10:20 on the clock face
Do you really mean 20 minutes after 10 oclock? How in the world did you measure it that accurately?

Since I've gone to digital clocks, I converted that to degrees and it's exactly 50 degrees past top center.

Tom