Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

can anyone help with this

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

can anyone help with this

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:03 AM
miskin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help with this

ok guys ive got a lithium-ion charger + a 3cell 1400mah pack now the charger says it need a voltage of 15-17 volts . it comes with a cigarettes connector fitted.... how do i get the recommended volts

anyone got any ideas or a suggestion on another setup to get the voltage ive seen people using computer power supplys will this work??

thanks
miskin
Old 04-02-2004, 12:02 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: can anyone help with this

Well, Im not an expert on this matter, but I've come across the same problem. The only suggestions I got were to Use a DCV Battery or a power supply unit that is for this purpose. I'm assuming you need 15-17v DC Voltage since it has a Cigarette lighter connector. Hobby Lobby has a Power Supply unit that will convert your 110/120 AC volts into DC volts. Not sure about the computer power supply, but if other guys are using it and if it can put out 15-17 Volts of pure DC voltage then I guess it can work........!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
quaker1

if its the orange one made by joy model international then a car battery voltage will do. I thought my battery wasnt charging fully so I bought a new fancy charger with a built in inverter and when I plugged my battery in this after charging it on the orange one the charge light went straight off, which meant it was already fully charged.

It will charge it fully but it will just take a little longer
Old 04-02-2004, 03:09 PM
miskin

It will charge it fully but it will just take a little longer
a little more like 5hrs is it meant to take that long [] and yes its the orange charger
ive never taken the battery below 10 volts and it always charges to 12.6 volts

ive just connected the orange charger to my charger that i charge up my car batteries (not rc cars) and the charger is throwing out nearly 15 volts so i think i will use that instead of the battery on my car

and its mains powered so i dont have to go out side

will this be ok ???

thanks miskin
Old 04-02-2004, 03:40 PM
quaker1

I suppose yours would take much longer than mine, mines a 600mah. You can use a mains transformer.