Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 1.6FX Carb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:53 PM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 1.6FX Carb replacement

Got tired of fiddling with the factory 1.6 carb..I found that pumped, pumped w/return line, unpumped even Once a clean fat 2 cycle WOT was achieved and the low end was lean enough to get past the 3/4 throttle blubber that below 1/2 throttle the engine was VERY lean..To the point where while running a 1/4-1/3 range you could pinch the fuel line and the motor would immediatley sag off and also it had that hollow growl that a lean engine has..Out of desperation I drilled an old 7M 3 needle carb off and old 61 FSR.. Now the motor is a dream..Clean idle, clean midrange and better top end it seems, tho I have'nt tached it yet.. Either way the 7M appears to have a little better fuel draw since the spray bar assembly is bulkier but to offset it the 7M has a bore diameter of .410" whereas the factory carb was .375".. All the way around it makes a nicer running engine in my opinion, I even removed the pump stuff and am only running muffler pressure now off the BGX series Bisson Pitts muffler...

Rick
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 1.6FX Carb replacement

Flew 1/2 gallon through it today with the 3 needle carb..Turned this PIA engine to a real sweetheart..This, in my opinion, is THE fix for this engine..

Rick