Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

edge540 vs: extra260 50cc size

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

edge540 vs: extra260 50cc size

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
joseph185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edge540 vs: extra260 50cc size

Santa is bringing me a new plane 50cc size and I would really appreciate some input on these two airframs as for as 3-D and slow flight characteristics like slow rolls, harrier rolls and harriers both inverted and upright or any input comparing the two for that fact Thanks Joey and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: edge540 vs: extra260 50cc size

Kind of a toss up really...

Edge will tumble a little better... do High Alpha KE better.

I prefer an Extra for rolling circles, point rolls, and slow rolls (feels better to me for some reason)

I think the Extra tracks a bit better and rolls a bit cleaner. If its mainly 3D you are after you can flip a coin or lean towards the Edge. If you want some precision I think an Extra outshines the Edge there but still 3Ds very well.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
mflander

What sinergy said.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slow rolls go to the Extra because of the dual tapered wing. Eveything else goes to the Edge. Where the Edge suffers is in tail stability because of the straight leading edge. The tail will move quickly with any rudder input. The Edge likes to be driven, not languish, through a maneuver.

If you're going to be into hard at it 3D, then the Edge is the best choice, especially with straight and rolling harriers. If you're thinking about doing a lot of IMAC stuff then the Extra wins. In the 50cc class it won't matter if it's a 260 or a 300. Neither one has an advantage in the 50cc class. The difference between a win and a loss is in your fingertips.