Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Balsa USA Fokker D-VIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 06:36 PM
hookemut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA Fokker D-VIII

Hi,
My TopFlite Stinson is completed, is flyable, and is sold.
The winter's project is the really nice Balsa USA Fokker D-VIII. The plans and instruction book are first-rate, the wood looks great, and it is slanted for one of my favorite engines-the Zenoah G-23. The cowl is ABS plastic, which is not my cup of tea. Fiberglass Specialties has their after-market cowl for the Balsa USA 1/4-scale Fokker DR-1 (triplane) which is also correct for the new Fokker D-VIII.
Glenn Torrance has some good prices on the lozenge covering--http://www.gtmodels.com/. Be sure to visit his section of pictures showing details of his Fokkker D-VIII.
So a 1/4-scale, 82inch wing span, 57 inch long, 14-16 pound very scale model is in work. The full-sheeted wing will be very light but strong.
Attached is a set of views.
Happy Halloween to all!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	31365_6018.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	19836