Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Midwest Mach I

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:47 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Midwest Mach I

This kit half finished. Seller say's it is straight, has extra wing and stab core's. He will ship in crate. I don't see why this need's a crate, it can be boxed with proper insulation, and will be fine, FedEx will take it. You cannot see much with picture's only. It is in Pompano Beach, FL. #150533007143 - 175.00.
Crank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60571.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1534044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41925.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1534045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55113.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1534046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65905.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1534047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60068.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1534048  
Old 12-14-2010, 06:29 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Mach I

He has been trying to sell this on RCG for months. I have tried to buy the extra wings a couple of times.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 AM
crankpin

I bought 2 Mach's down that way, full Midwest kit's.

Crank
Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM
stuntflyr

I wonder if that wing will fit in a Stinson Station Wagon? It'd be a short ride over from Punta Gorda.
Chris...
Old 12-14-2010, 02:17 PM
crankpin

Hey Chris. I am sure it will, or strap it to the strut's You coming this way? We are headed to Tallahassee at Christmas, taking my daughter's van, Mike Plummer bought a Passport from a guy in Miami, it is in one of our bedroorm's, taking it up there, better to fit between the seat's, he is coming to get it.

Vince
Old 12-14-2010, 03:00 PM
stuntflyr

The folks are going back down in January. I had to call dad every day to get him to fly it after the annual last year so I better go down and "suggest" activities. I'm taking his boat back to Cali this spring. They haven't even run it since Charlie! He agreed my bro and I should use it for a couple of decades.
I probably won't need the Mach 1 but it's a neat model. I'll just finish the Intruder. I'll send a note when I go down there.
Chris...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 PM
rv7driver
My Feedback: (105)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JeffH, have you called Eureka they now own Wing MFG's foam wings I'm sure they would cut you a set of wings and stab. They are listed. Just a thought Pete
Old 12-14-2010, 06:41 PM
rv7driver

[quote]ORIGINAL: rv7driver

JeffH, have you called Eureka they now own Wing MFG's foam wings I'm sure they would cut you a set of wings and stab for the Mach 1. They are listed. Just a thought Pete

Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
JeffH

I know about them. I actually bought a set of Eureka cores off of a guy here that were for a Mach 1. He ordered them for a scratch built version and they didnt fit, so he assumed they were for the kit built. I needed the kit built. After I got them, the were no where close to a Mach 1, in fact they are very very close to my Super Curare, which i needed cores for as well. It was not a total loss, but kinda soured me a little. They are even marked Mach 1 or Midwest Mach 1. The guy I got them from offered to take them back, but like I said, they can still be used by me so no major loss.
The bad part is that my wing is in GREAT shape, just starting to delaminate.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Free Bird

A little off topic, but this seller also has a bunch of "vintage and discontinued" kits for sale in the marketplace. One of the kits still available from one of the big names outlets and his price is more than what the kit would be shipped from them. I dropped him a line as an FYI just in case he made a mistake. Instead of saying thanks, he has blocked me from responding to his ads. Pretty rude I would say as I've never had this happen before. []

FB
Old 12-15-2010, 01:40 PM
rv7driver

Jeff, sorry to here that about the wings, Did you purchase the from wing mfg. or eureka after they took over wing mfg.? I'm asking because I had a similar problem with wing MFG before they were sold they finally made it right after I sent them the correct templates its been about 4 years. Pete
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 AM
JeffH

I actually got them from a guy that got them from Eureka. Eureka replaced them no charge, and told him to keep the wrong cores. When he said that they didnt fit, I assumed it was indeed the difference between the kit and original Mach 1 and not a core for a totally different airplane. No loss, since I can use them.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

A little off topic, but this seller also has a bunch of ''vintage and discontinued'' kits for sale in the marketplace. One of the kits still available from one of the big names outlets and his price is more than what the kit would be shipped from them. I dropped him a line as an FYI just in case he made a mistake. Instead of saying thanks, he has blocked me from responding to his ads. Pretty rude I would say as I've never had this happen before. []

FB

maybe he needs another hint.[8D]
Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 AM
AndyKunz

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

A little off topic, but this seller also has a bunch of ''vintage and discontinued'' kits for sale in the marketplace. One of the kits still available from one of the big names outlets and his price is more than what the kit would be shipped from them. I dropped him a line as an FYI just in case he made a mistake. Instead of saying thanks, he has blocked me from responding to his ads. Pretty rude I would say as I've never had this happen before. []

FB
PM sent, looking for seller ID or link.

Andy

Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Free Bird

PM answered...........

FB
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JeffH

I know about them. I actually bought a set of Eureka cores off of a guy here that were for a Mach 1. He ordered them for a scratch built version and they didnt fit, so he assumed they were for the kit built. I needed the kit built. After I got them, the were no where close to a Mach 1, in fact they are very very close to my Super Curare, which i needed cores for as well. It was not a total loss, but kinda soured me a little. They are even marked Mach 1 or Midwest Mach 1. The guy I got them from offered to take them back, but like I said, they can still be used by me so no major loss.
The bad part is that my wing is in GREAT shape, just starting to delaminate.
Hi Jeff,
Sorry to hear you're soured about the wing core transaction. Like you said, I did offer to take them back, and I also offered to refund any shipping charges. Don told me they were left over stock from Wing's inventory. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone. In fact, if it will make your Christmas, I'll refund your money and you can still keep the cores.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM
JeffH

Jeff,

You misunderstood me. I was soured at Eureka a bit that they marked the cores totally wrong. The deal we had was AOK, no problems. You did offer to take them back, and I said that I would keep them to use on something else which I will. You were honest and fast with shipping.
In light of other comments it seems that maybe Wing Man. had the labeling problems, especially since these cores were evidently left overs. So I now have to unsour agaisnt Eureka and order the right wings for the plane.
So again, we are square, ZERO hard feelings. Please accept my apologies.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Jeff
Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This core mislabeling stuff is not good. It seems like Don might have some work to do there in sorting out issues with wing cores now that he has bough the cores division from Wing Mfg.

I believe that Ralph was rather unhappy with his original UFO cores too which just weren't right.

David.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 PM
stuntflyr

That Mach 1 went unsold at about 75 bucks.
Chris...
Old 12-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Paternguy
My Feedback: (1)

I was the high bidder, considering the price of a new one from Eureka, I will probably just go that route. I think what we have here is a aseller way over valuing what he has.