Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren 160 Adjustment Fault

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren 160 Adjustment Fault

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Jame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wren 160 Adjustment Fault

Just wondered if you could help me out, Im trying to setup my Wren 160 after removing it to have the Compressor Upgrade, I have just re installed in the model and cannot get it to "Learn" its trim settings, it first reads Fail when the plane if first turned on and then Adjustment Fault after the Re Learn Process, I have got my Throttle Reversed as I am on Futaba and have tried Re Binded the Tx to the Rx, please help, any advice is welcome []
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Wren 160 Adjustment Fault

The answer you ask for is in the Wren Turbine clinic!!!

It is the 25th thread from the top.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

I think he said he reversed the Throttle channel.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Jame

Yes Ive reversed the Throttle Channel, my wont show the parameters that the Clinic advises, mine wont leave Failsafe Mode even after been Re bound and will only display the 0 - 4.2 (Idle Throttle Position to Full Throttle Position) on the GSU, I cant figure out what Im doing wrong.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jame,

I have no idea about Projet but can you turn the failsafe off? I have read one of the manuals where it says you can do this by setting one of the parameters to zero. I wouldn't leave it like that but it might help with fault diagnosis.

Have you tried the other obvious things such as checking the lead between the Rx and ECU, trying a servo plugged into the Rx in place of the ECU to check that works, trying another TX or servo programmer to 'drive' the ECU.

What is your ATV set at?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had one more thought. What receiver are you using? Is it in normal or HS mode?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Jame

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help, I've tried each of the possibles Darren, I'd even changed the receiver over to a an 8 channel one to eliminate the PowerBox and Rx System, all to no avail, after studying everything for around 3 hours and trying to figure out why I haven't got the parameters noted on the Wren Clinic displayed on my GSU, yknow what the problem was in the end........the ECU Pack, I'd charged the pack and heard the charger bleep so assumed it was charged, I'd checked the voltage with the little battery status unit and it showed 88% capacity, I thought this would've been easily adequate for a trial start, but didn't realise as its not mentioned anywhere in the manual that unless the ECU pack is 100% charged, it won't display all the parameters needed on the GSU to determine the correct start figures. I only found out after looking on the Turbine Clinic and noting some figures that should of been displayed on the GSU in the throttle position setting section, after seeing these weren't displayed, I thought just out of curiosity il charge the pack so I can start a fresh, once charged, the GSU displayed these parameters so I could then subtrim the throttle channel into the correct range and initiate a start.... and there was I think repairing Central Heating Boilers was hard
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So what's the compressor uppgrade? Is it a safety issue?

Malcolm
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Some of the 160's had blades fail - nothing to do with Wren but a poor batch of compressors I believe...
Anyway the upgrade is to a CNC compressor.

Jame, The first thing I asked you about was the ECU pack