Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BOBCAT PICTURES

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BOBCAT PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 04:08 PM
jetpilot32
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOBCAT PICTURES

This is what happens when someone turns on a radio because they are jealous of you having a turbine Jet at Markham Park.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31628.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	67689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95344.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	67690  
Old 10-14-2003, 04:10 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: BOBCAT PICTURES

Ouch!!!!
Someone with a death wish? I hope your taking them to court?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:12 PM
jetpilot32

Wish I could. Dont know who it was exactly.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:14 PM
lov2flyrc

Wish I could. Dont know who it was exactly.
So, then how do you know this was the cause? Were you flying PCM or PPM?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:24 PM
weasel33

Sorry to see your pics and if you find out who it was then i think it would be a case
of justifiable homicide,but not until after the court case.

Off topic but can you tell me the secret of posting pics on the new forum
whatever i do it keeps telling me the file size is too big
I use Photoshop 7

regards and good luck

Brian
Old 10-14-2003, 04:29 PM
jetpilot32

Well I have been flying for 22 years. Second I know that alot of the older people at the field want the turbine jets to no fly at the field. They are old and GRUMPY just like the movie. I was flying will all top quality JR electronics and it was PCM.

For the pictures to post you need to reduce the size. In photoshop just open the picture and change the size. Then save and you will be fine.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

$250 for everything in those pictures

seriously though, sorry to see that. How bad was the turbine damaged?
Old 10-15-2003, 11:48 AM
XCaliber
My Feedback: (104)

Jetpilot32,
I was at Markham Park next to you, but I did not see your jet come down, since I got there after the incident.
I got to fly my ROOafter you guys left and it was only the 7th flight on a Turbine for me.
I have been flying ducted fan jets at Markham since last yr. and now I will be regularly fly Turbine.
I never had experienced a radio lockout or had anyone turnning there radio on when I'm flying.
If this is happening Iwould like to know about it, beacuse if it happends to me I will do everything possible to take them to court.
I have met only nice grumpyold men there and only a few not so nice.
Please elablorate on your expirence when your jet came doun.
Mario
Old 10-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check who had the same frequency... Then, among them, check who does not like jets.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:10 AM
XCaliber

I think this guy is trying to blame grumpy oldmen for pilot error![sm=idea.gif]
Old 10-17-2003, 08:14 AM
lov2flyrc

Yep....was thinking the same thing [sm=stupid.gif]
Old 10-17-2003, 08:59 AM
studstud1
My Feedback: (5)

PILOT ERROR? Umm let me think abou that one for a minute. NOOOOOOOO. Good try though. No pilot error here. I can fly circles around all of you guys. So trust me no pilot error here.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:03 AM
XCaliber

That's the attitued that gets you in trouble![sm=rolleyes.gif]
Also, like not even trying to help when my tent almost blew over as I have not yet anchored it. If I saw the tent next to me trying to blew over I would off jumed to help and not a bunch of guys just staring at it![sm=stupid.gif]
Finally, two diffrent usernames with two diffrent names! looks fishy to me.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
lov2flyrc

I can fly circles around all of you guys. So trust me no pilot error here
That may be true. If you really believe you were "Shot Down" why not eleborate a bit on the crash and the circumstances that lead you to believe it was intentional.....
Old 10-17-2003, 10:21 AM
jetpilot32

Actually Mr. Brain. I am at my friends house who is studstud1. I was not paying attention to which username was signed on. No big deal no harm done. Second if I saw your tent blowwing off believe me I would have ran to help. Obviously I was not sitting there and waiting for your tent to blow off so I can run and help you. So you can take that whole comment back and apologize. Me and my family only help others there and are very friendly to all.

And believe me no attitude will get me introuble because no one will dare to step to the plate.

sorry for any kind of misunderstanding about the screen name input.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:35 AM
lov2flyrc

And believe me no attitude will get me introuble because no one will dare to step to the plate
Boy, arent you a bowl of cherries ..... Nice attitude [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-17-2003, 10:41 AM
XCaliber

I apologize for the tent comment. I thought someone saw the incident.
All I wanted from my 1st post is if you can share your experience with us so we can avoid what happend to you.
Isn't that what this forum is for?
Old 10-17-2003, 11:18 AM
XCaliber

Okey, guss not, no explantion.
I now have to look out for the" jealous grumpy oldmen" at the field.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Somewhat related.........I was at the Waco Jet rally Greater SW a few weeks ago, there was a "grumpy old man" who had a Stearman there and he was on my channel. (the only person there that was likely to "hit" me).

Apparently he had traveled a long way to get to the jet meet and wanted to run his plane during the jet meet. (it was a beautiful stearman). Anyway, long story short, I said "this is a jet meet". The CD allowed him to keep his radio and not turn it in. Apparently he got pissed that "I" would not let him fly his stearman. So after 30 perfect flights all the sudden out of nowhere I lose control of my Isobar for approx 4 seconds. I took it as a warning that this guy wasn't screwing around, he wanted to fly his plane. Incredibly I got the jet down immediately and complained like an idiot to the impound that was not making sure that all modules/transmitteres were in.

They shrugged it off as no big deal, and I didn't dare fly another flight the rest of the day. Of course, I turned my module in and a couple hours later I went to pick up my module and guess what the impound "lost" it.

This coupled with the fact that the Stearman was again flying at this time that I was certain that guy was afraid I'd get him back or something.

Well, an hour after that my module appeared and had been innocently taken by another jet pilot. I felt like an idiot. But considering that the meet had 50 registered pilots and only 13 transmitters and modules in the impound, I believed it was being very poorly operated.

FWIW, the next day, with that guy gone I got another 5 flights with no loss of control whatsoever.

From what I learned here, I've decided to carry several modules and receiver crystals of different channels and just not tell anybody what I plan to fly until I'm ready to turn get the pin or frequency control. To me, the more secrative this can be the more you can avoid anyone just deciding to pop your ass out of the sky for whatever reason.

We've all heard of this happening, I don't know about you but it scares the crap out of me from a safety standpoint, and $$$$.

Oh well, I'll never know for sure what happened, but I consider it a free airplane cause for those 4 seconds, I thought that thing was a sure gonner.

Good Luck,

Sean
Old 10-17-2003, 12:21 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sean,
Not the same situation that you went through but at a IMAA meet there were 4 other people on my channel and there was not time limit on the pin. So I would fly, for 10 minutes land check with the other guys on my channel to see if any of them were ready to fly if not refuel and fly. At one time during the meet though one of the guys had the pin out for about 35 minutes because he was fiddling with his plane (NO DSC) and when I went and asked him for it politely he grumbled something under his breath and reluctantly handed it over. I flew my flight landed and once again asked the other guys if any of them needed the pin. Well this went on the entire first day and I got in about 15 flights that day, next day I show up and these four guys are complaining, especially the one with no dsc, that I had been hogging the pin all day so the CD informed me that I could not have the pin for more than 15 minutes at a time, but later that day mr. loudmouth is working on his plane again, but for an hour this time, at this point I got fed up, packed up and told the CD in not so nice words what he could do with his event.
So after that I invested in a 9Z, a snythesized transmitter module, and several synthesized receivers for my planes. So when I get to a meet now I check to see what channel has the least amount of pilots are on and I switch to that channel. Usually if it is a 3 day event I can get away with no one on the channel I choose for the first day and if a bunch of people show up on my channel the next day I just find the next channel with the fewest people on it and switch again and let the impound know. Works out well.

Patrick.

p.s. Have to agree with the consensus.....pilot error.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:29 PM
seanreit

I confused fellas, I've read this thread twice. How can you all come to the conclusion of pilot error? Is there any information here other than the remains and the pilot's statement of being shot down?

How high was the airplane? Did he hit a tree? Did it go straight in? Did it have elevator servo strip?

I just don't see a way to conclude pilot error. Pilot error conclusion would have to have information like "I was on final, "lost control" it stalled and snapped to the ground.

Or I was near the trees "lost control" and it went into the trees.

Or I was in an inverted spin "lost control" and it never recovered.

I don't see anything like that here. Or anyone saying I saw that plane go in and he just F'd up in my opinion. Again, what post am I missing that draws this out?

Sean
Old 10-17-2003, 12:34 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sean,
OK maybe I was a little hasty to say pilot error but how do we know it was "a jealous grumpy old man"? The pilot has a right to be upset but he is saying someone intentionally shot him down. Now how likely is that. In the past 6 months there have been only 2 other posts about people purposely shooting down a jet and one wasn't even in this country.

Patrick.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:26 PM
seanreit

A bit hasty? Couple others suggested pilot error as well. Methodically, that's just impossible conclusion to come to even as an opinion, unless you know the pilot and know that's he's just the kind of guy to scream "radio failure, I've been hit etc".

Then an opinion is acceptable, I think.

Anyway, I'm convinced there are guys out there that will shoot you down either by accident or on purpose. Even one event like this is unacceptable from a safety standpoint. Education is one thing, but having options is another. Synthesized transmitter that can change chanels? That's a great option!! The spread spectrum technology, to me that's a perfect option and I will pay up to $2,000.00 or so to get it the day it comes out to prevent some guy with a $20.00 transmitter from dumping my $$$ or putting people in harms way.

I'm off the stump for now,

Sean
Old 10-17-2003, 01:32 PM
lov2flyrc

I confused fellas, I've read this thread twice. How can you all come to the conclusion of pilot error?
Just a guess, but our Jetpilot32 friend seems quick off the gun to blame others but has no clue who did it or a valid reason why someone would except jealousy. Trust me, I've dealt with "The grumpy old man" club (Deland, about as bad as it can get [sm=angry.gif])but never seen any of them stupid enough to flip on a transmitter to shoot someone down on purpose. Just find that hard to believe. Since Jetpilot does not wish to discuss the details of the crash, i'd bet a twenty there was some other factor involved . What's the chances of the one particular "Grumpy old man" that would do such a thing had the same freq? Things that make you go hmmmm