Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OLD kyosho help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:54 PM
willalbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OLD kyosho help...

OK, so my dad picked up a kyosho baja buggy ( i think thats what its called) at a garage for $20. Im thinking, ok it doesent even run...

To my great surprise, it runs strong as can be, and still with the original .11 engine on it no less.

but neway on to my question: The transmission setup in this thing is horrible. Is there any where you can get replacement parts for these old kyosho's? or better yet is it possible to put a modern slipper clutch-style transmission into one? say out a nitro sport? (one of those came in the box for $20 too, along with an electric stampede that needed esc and battery)

thanks in advance for any help,
Will
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Philster

Default RE: OLD kyosho help...

Not really.

Sorry for the short answer, but once something breaks, you won't be able to go anywhere for parts.

LONGSHOT: visit Kyoshoamerica.com, get the customer service number and call them. They will try to help, but expect them to have almost nothing. File this suggestion under, "You Never Know".

Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
willalbert

thats kinda what i figured 'bout the replacement parts, but would it be possible to graft teh n. sport tranny into it? im no stranger to fabrication so I think im gonna start pulling it apart and seeing if its possible, thanks for the reply.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Philster

If you can make it fit, then it is possible,