Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

** EZ Racing questions**

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** EZ Racing questions**

Hi, Ive been in Rc for around 3 years, and ive raced on-road nitro, but now i getting into 1/8th buggy racing, and I have a few question that im sure the racers can answere:

1. How long is a regualr race?
2.If there are pitstops during a race (im preatty sure there are). Generally how many are there?
3. What is a preatty good time for the car to be in and out of the pits?
4. Is there anything a pitman might have to do other then just re-fuel the buggy?

Also, Do you have any tips for getting in and out of the pits as quickly as possible?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: ** EZ Racing questions**

A lot of those answers depend on the track . Different times and rules.
Most places have 5-7 minute heats , which you shouldn`t need to pit unless something goes wrong .
10 - 20 minute mains , here is when you need a pit man . Someplaces have self pitting and can`t use pit men .
Best method I use for pitting is to first time your bug to see how long a tank will last . Say you can run 7 minutes , pit every 6. Usually there will be an alarm to let the racers it`s time they better pit . I like to pit befor that just to get in and out with nobody in the way . Your track might not let you do that, as they might have a time where everyone pits the same time or in intervals . As far as how many pit stops , naturally you want the least as possible . If you have a good pit man he will refuel you but also make any tuning changes that might be needed . Best thing is to time your tank of fuel and the less you pit the better position you will be .
Old 06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
zja08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about Electric?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: zja08

What about Electric?
What about it ?
there is no pitting in electric racing so a pitman is not needed . Usually a novice electric race is 4 minutes and the rest are 5 minutes .