Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

O.S. .12 cvrx--help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 PM
RustyDaRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. .12 cvrx--help please

Ok the .12 CVRX is does not have threaded holes for the header so i bought header springs and they arent holding the header on very well because the header isnt shaped like a circle like some headers that are supposed to use springs. Its the slotted looking one. i tired putting it on anyways and it wont crank because i guess its not sealing off good. I really dont know what to do. PLEASE someone give me advice or tell me what to get or sumthin! Maybe someone with a .12 CVR or CVRX can help me out? thanks!
**EDIT** i meant to say that im not tryin to put the stock header on, i bought this traxxas header for it [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCPR9&P=0[/link]
Old 06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: O.S. .12 cvrx--help please

Yes the holes on the engine is not threaded but the holes on the header should be. If the header holes are not threaded, then you need to get a pair of long skinny hex bolts and secure the other end with small hex nuts.

Most rear exhaust engines have the round exhaust port (does not have any holes to secure the header) its the header that has the holes for the springs to hook into. The side exhaust port engines uses hex bolts to fasten the header.

Your engine will crank even if you have a bad seal in the header exhaust. You may probably have other problems on your engine that's why it wont crank.

My opinion.

Edit. Those headers should have threaded holes, if the holes doesnt line up with the OS CVR, then its just for the traxxas engine. You will need to get the right header for your motor.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
RustyDaRustler

Default RE: O.S. .12 cvrx--help please

thanks for your reply but thunderbirdjunkie pm'd me and cleared things up...yes the header has threads but the engine dont but u put the screws in through the engine and into the header and i was thinking opposite which would be impossible unless you drilled out the header for bigger screws or sumthin. but anyways i got that answered and the part about cranking the engine, gas wasnt goin through the line... im not sure why i hope i dont have more problems! i just figured it was becuase the exhaust wasnt sealed off and i wasnt able to prime it good?