Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OS .18 cv-rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:43 PM
skeeter1255

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .18 cv-rx

please Help ive prepped the car all day for this, i finnaly bouht this new engine yesterday i cleaned the car and everyhitng to put the motor in and everything is ready to go but BAM it wont turn on, i havent tuched anything the egine just wont turn on the pull stater is sorta hard to pull and i had to take the glow plug out and take some gas out the engine a couple of times also, the glow stater is fully charged, the glow plug works and ive even tried another, but nothing. please Ive paid 104$ for this engine and it wont turn on? that sucks!!!! I thought OS was suppose to be a good company it is its just that im so mad I have to blame someething!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Roscco

Default RE: OS .18 cv-rx

Sounds like your engine is new (as you said it is). Whats happening is due to the fact all the components are new, they fit extremely tightly.

Try heating the engine with a blow dryer for a couple of mins, then try and start it. The heat from the dryer will cause the metals to expand slightly and allow for easier turning over. It'll become easier to start as you break in the motor.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
skeeter1255

well after I had wrote my problem I went again tried to start it and i encounterd my problem afer so much frusteration, I found out that the problem was my throttle arm it was pushing the carberator to close and wouldnt leave that little one mm hole open. but heres another questione I didnot want to open another posts, Im using the heat cycle method to break in this engine and i read i should keep the temps at around 200 or less well its good so far ive only done 3, will continue 2 morrow, but wanted to know my engine went up too 225 that was the highest it has gone so far is it ok at that temp or should i richen it up some more justs to make sure it stays at 200, aslo the tires are spinning really fast and and when i hit the brakes the motor dies on me should i fix this now or waite till i start to actually run it on the ground.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

You should fix it now, it sounds like the same problem. Your linkage is closing the carb when the arms is push back when braking, set your idle correctly and the engine should calm down when you release your throttle and when you hit the brakes.

With the temp, you are okay with 225, do a drop of water test, put a drop of water on the cooling head. If it boils and evaporates right away then you are overheating. Tune for performance and not for temp.

Before break in, the engine should be tuned correctly in a way that you can control it. My experience with new engines is they start reving very high uncontrollably. I adjust the needle setting until I get it to start and idle correctly. Then I begin the break in.

During break in, it is not ideal to let the tires spin freely, you could damage the engine when running at high rev with no load. You should break in your motor with the car on the ground. First tank at idle, and adjust the throttle trim to make your car start to move slowly and run in circles or 8 pattern. Then a little bit faster on 2nd tank....a little bit faster on the 3rd....quick full throttle on 4th like 1 sec - 2 sec burst etc. You need to drive your car during break in.

Back to your fist post. It seem like a case of flooding, dont prime to much, just watch the fuel reach the carb and stop priming. Sometimes loosening the glow plug a little bit just to releave some pressure helps. Just tightend the plug as soon as the engine is running.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
skeeter1255

ok I have fixed my last problem and have encountered a nother (man its problem after ploblem after problem for me today) but anyways i find out why I think I cant get my motor to stop it weel from spinning, well the little carberator screw will not open or close the carberator. it just wont do it if i srew it counter clock wise enough times it will just let the carberator free and u can spin the little throttle thing all the way around and if You tighten the screw clock wise all the way the carberator still wont close or open and will be locked, meaning that it wont be able to move. I dont know wats with all these probmes today but if by tommorow if I do not fix this problem I will go to the hobby shop and see wat they say, cause come on now its already been 2-3 day with my new motor and i was only able to do 4 heat clces and I want to fix this problem as soon asa possible so please Help!