Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

How to use 2 throttle channels in the Throttle Curve on a JR XG11

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 10:50 AM
barnowljenx

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default How to use 2 throttle channels in the Throttle Curve on a JR XG11

I'm trying to set up a twin motor contra on my JR XG11 Tx. I assigned 2 channels to each ESC but I cannot find a way of getting both onto the same Throttle Curve. Do I need to use one of the programmable mixes to mimic the Throttle Curve or is there a way of getting both motor channels controlled from the Throttle Curve?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:57 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the Throttle Curve menu. In the upper left corner, second line down, there should be a four-character notification such as RTH0. Using the roller/selector, highlight the notification and press the roller/selector. You will get a submenu of RTH0, RTH1, LTH0, and LTH1. These are the designations for two throttle curves for the right throttle and two curves for the left. These will only occur if prior to setting up the Throttle Curve, you have established dual engines in the Wing Type menu.

Allan Worrest
Old 03-08-2023, 04:07 PM
barnowljenx

Allan

Very many thanks yet again. I found that after selecting TWIN E, that I also had to set the Trim from INH to ACT. Then eventually I remembered that the MIX switch was defaulted to operate the THRO CUT so having deselected that everything worked as it should. At least it does on the MONITOR screen. Tomorrow, I will test it out on the twin motor contra to make sure that the system does actually work! The XG11 continues to delight me even after 11 years of use thanks to your help.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:46 PM
barnowljenx

Allan

Pleased to say that the motor worked exactly as hoped for so I have now settled for the twin channel control of the 2 ESCs. Result!

Thanks.

Peter
Old 03-10-2023, 06:11 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter,

Glad to read that it worked out. Replying to questions such as yours gives me the incentive to dig into the programming deeper than I normally would.

Allan
Old 03-12-2023, 06:55 AM
barnowljenx

I'm glad you feel keen to keep doing that! I don't know if there will be any other functions that I will need from the XG11 but I'll post if I come across any!