Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME 102

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Hoss
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 102

My LHS has a nib 102 that was delivered to him in 6/01. Does anyone know if there has been any mods to ign or anything like that. I know it is outdated because the 105 and 110 and he is willing to sell it for 1080. Any response on if this is a good deal or any changes made to ign would be greatly appreciated. Or would going to DA100 for the extra $ be a better investment.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: BME 102

The 102 Evo is a perfectly good engine, and can be upgraded to a 106 "xtreme" at a later date by merely swapping the jugs and pistons and changing the plug caps to fit the CM-6 plugs of the Xtreme. Best way to tell if it is an "Evo" is to either ask BME, or check for extra lightening holes along the rear of the crankcase and a 2-petal reed valve assembly instead of a 4-petal reed assembly under the carburetor

Best bet for ignition issues is to contact CH ignitions directly.

Is that 1080 with or without mufflers? If it's with mufflers, its a very good deal.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Hoss

Kris
I tried looking for a s/n so I could call BME but I could not find one. Would BME keep a record of an engine that they sold in 6/01? I guess I will look at it more closely tomorrow to pick up on what you mentioned. Originally the LHS was talking 1080 for everything than he mentioned the mufflers were extra and that kind of turned me off, because for another 100-150 I could get a newer model or different model. If its not the evo should I pass
Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

The LHS is making a bit of money if it's engine only at 1080. .tell him you'll give him cost, because he will never sell the engine otherwise, and if it's not an Evo, pass on it. If he has not sold the engine by now, it's kind of doubtful he will ever sell it.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Hoss

kris^
I called BME and they said that if it was shipped back then that it would not be an evo, and for that kind of money I shouldn't even consider it. So I will pass.

Thanks for the help.