Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

servos destroyed?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

servos destroyed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:57 PM
elmote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos destroyed?

Had a bit of a crash with my Eolo, and stripped 3 of 4 Hitec 81s (tail OK, just the ccpm servos). Put new gears in all 3. Now the servos all want to go one way, all the way to the stops and grind there. They don't seem to know center. Cant get them to run the other way. Are they junk at this point? Should I have them fixed of junk them ($17 each)?

Elmo Te
Old 07-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Jerrykl720

Default RE: servos destroyed?

u need an alignment on the center gear of ur servos( the one to stall the servo horn)

Jerry
Old 07-09-2004, 06:26 AM
Coasty

You can't just drop the gears in. You'll (most likely) note that one of the mid gears only has teeth on one side, and the motor is turning this gear to a point where the teeth no longer mesh. At that point the motor will run all the time, since it's trying to recenter the gear train, but can't since the gears are not meshing.

Watch this gear when you poweer the servo up and you'll see what's going on. Just try to get it centered and them move the servo to the full extens of it's travel on both ends to see if you have it right.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:16 PM
elmote

Actually the only asysmetrical gear in the train is the output gear (that protrudes from the case, for the horn). While all others have a full set of teeth all the way around and all mesh and spin happily, the horn gear has one side cut away to make room for the mech. stop built into the cover, so you have to center that gear to get the cover on. I took the good servo apart, and put it back together with no attention to gear orientation other to obtain mesh, and get the mech. stop to line up enough to fit cover. Worked fine, so took it apart again and used gears from one of the blown servos, worked fine. So I suspect there is something gone by the board with in the motor chamber as I can't find anything amiss in the gear chamber (other than the stripped gears to begin with of course).

Elmo Te