Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

is this slop in my honeybee cp2?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

is this slop in my honeybee cp2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:59 AM
kiwijunglist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this slop in my honeybee cp2?

Hi

just wondering if this is normal for my heli. i have an esky honeybee cp2 heli, and it seems to fly ok, although i think the hovering is not that stable.

I am able to tilt the paddle blades + paddle bar + paddle control frame with my finger very very easily. when i do this the servos or swashplates do not move at all, this is why i am wondering if this is abnormal. when the paddles tilt the main blades rotate in the same direction with them. i have taken a pictures to illustrate this.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Traveler

Default RE: is this slop in my honeybee cp2?

Hey kiwijunglist,

I think that's part of it's normal function of stabilizing flight, which is achieved by altering the pitch of the main blades in this way. Looking at your pictures, it seems that your fly-paddles are at quite a steep angle. With the flybar levelled, they should both be horizontal, with no pitch at all. Maybe that will make it more stable to hover. I've also read here that it could help to move the 2 little weights that are on your flybar near the head-assembly further out, to the other weights that are near the fly-paddles. Slight positive pitch (2-3 degrees) in your fly-paddles may help stability, but yours seems excessive. Anyways, try moving the weights first. Good luck!

Grtz,

Traveller
Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

The flybar is supposed to be loose. It auto-centers with centrifugal force. When the helicopter is moving, the flybar twists, it does not bend up and down, to affect movement in any given direction. The up and down movement is to allow everything to auto-center with the helicopters own movements during rotation. If your flybar was tight, you helicopter would probably shake it's self to pieces before it even got off the ground.

Also, your flybar paddles must be completely level with both eachother, and your swashplate. Remember, your swashplate moves in conjunction with the flybar paddles, the closer in angle the paddles are to your swashplate, the more precise your in-air control will be.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
kiwijunglist

cool thanks guys. i think the angle of the photo makes it looks like there is a lot of pitch on the paddles. with the servos centered one of the paddles has 0 degrees of pitch the other one has about 2 degrees of pitch. they don't seem to shake much, so i wont touch the pitch. i might try moving the paddle weights towards the center see if it makes a difference.

overall, i'm very happy with this heli. it seems like it has been balanced in the factory (doesn't vibrate at all prior to take off & there is a small bit of red and black tape on the blade). i just plugged it in and flew it. no problems with stick collective pitch. the only problem is that the helicopter takes off at 3/4 throttle rather than 1/2 throttle. i think this is because of weight of the training gear, although the gear mesh on the main motor seems slightly tighter than the tair motor. im able to squeeze a bit of paper through the gear, but it is fairly tight, and more than half of the teeth overlap (i read somewhere that only 1/2 of the teeth are supposed to overlap).

when i spool up the helicopter i adjust the trim on the cyclic stick of the transmitter, after i've finished flying do i have to move the trim on the cyclic back to zero and then retrim the helicopter every time i turn it on and off, or can i leave the cyclic trimmed?