Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Hitec

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 07:54 PM
HPIchuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec

has anyone had any experience with these transmitters or receivers? What about the servos that come with them? i think im looking at the Lynx 2 or sumthin like that. much obliged
Old 02-21-2004, 05:01 PM
TC3 Man

Default RE: Hitec

I have had servos and also at one point a Flash 4 radio.
Everyone I know who have had a Hitec radio have had tons of interfeirence no matter what they do, I have had a few servos and they do seem to be pretty good tho. A standard Futaba servo is much more high quality, some other very good and fairly priced servos are the KO ps713 and the ps712 fets.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:16 PM
HPIchuk

do you know wut frequency they were running on?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Nitroaddict

He is from the UK, so the freq would have been 40mhz.

I have been using a Hitec Lynx 3D FM for several years now, and just love it. I would strongly recommend this radio. It has a dual conversion receiver, so I have never had a glitching problem to speak of.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
HPIchuk

wut about the AM Hitec radios? how do they operate in the US under a 75mhz frequency? Ive been looking at Futabas. Would they be a better choice? futabas are only a few dollars more than the hitec.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 PM
dg2b

My recommendation is if you are running nitro, go FM. Even the cheapest FM is much better than any AM in my opinion.

I run Mars R with Futaba digital servos. My son use Hitec Lynx 3D with Airtronics servo. Don't go cheap on radio because a damaged car from run away incident will cost more than a initial investment in an FM radio. Of course, that is just my opinion.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:49 PM
HPIchuk

im running electric and not wanting to invest in an FM because i dont really have to worry about fly away cars, and ive decided to go with a futaba. i know they are reliable so that is why im getting a futaba.