Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

R] [COLOR=deeppink]PRETTY IN PINK[/COLOR]

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

R] [COLOR=deeppink]PRETTY IN PINK[/COLOR]

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Moonunit451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R] [COLOR=deeppink]PRETTY IN PINK[/COLOR]

Tom,

Thanks man. It’s the day we’ve all been waiting for! We (you) are probly not going to jail. When I arrived home this morning Jill was waiting at my door looking only mildly disheveled. However, it seems that Jill may have been violated or somehow compromised by authorities. She may actually be more fragile than originally planned.

It seems that Jill may have been singled out and exposed to a cavity search, rather than the standard scan that is likely far more common these days. For your emotional comfort and well being I would like to assure you that there seems to be no further harm or scrutiny that has come to her, and she remains, as always;

PRETTY IN PINK

Best regards,

Colin
Old 03-20-2003, 06:38 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

uh i guess your html in the title didnt work. and you topic is uknown and not rc car related.
what ARE you talking about?
Old 03-20-2003, 06:47 PM
KyleSch

Were you talking about your fuel? I'm really confused too.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:47 PM
dg2b

Reads like a personal letter to someone.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Moonunit451

Thanks for your comments gentlemen
I know you may not recall, but this has been mentioned on several previous posts. I could have resurrected the fuel post but chose not too. I have been waiting since my initail post to receive some "Jet Fuel" from buyrbware.

So, I kinda posted this as a mildly cryptic and apparently largely unappreciated attempt to be humorous to those who were aware of "the saga of the pink fuel".

So, you see it is R/C related, and no, my header didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but I thought it might catch your attention regardless. If you don't like it, no need to read it. But, I do intend to report on my experience using "Jet Fuel" in my RC10GT. So, stay tuned, or don't:angry:

Bye the way, if you feel this is not R/C related, you can always report it to the Moderator's and let them make that decision. My PM and e-mail work, if you think I've posted something inappropriate as well, packfan
Old 03-21-2003, 12:13 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moonunit,

For what it's worth, I enjoyed your symbolic representation of the fuel debate (and how non-car labeled fuels took a flogging).
Old 03-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Moonunit451

Thanks Man, I was beginning to wonder if it's all serious here for a second. I'm not much of a comedian, I guess. If burbware chimes in he might have a comment or two on the matter of "the compromise, and JAIL thing.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:13 AM
Moonunit451

C'mon Tom, I need to see a post here by you . Haven't seen you in here lately
Old 03-25-2003, 06:59 AM
buyrbware

Whew, Glad you got the goods Moon, I have been hiden away down in Mexico sweating out that shipping fuel without paying haz-mat charges. Wife said I was going to jail for sure. Well this stuff should put a bang in your rc-10 Mines is climbing the walls. As far as my rc-universe were-abouts...Well weather has been good and it's back to the Flying Field with my two 1/3 scale monsters. Got a good story for ya all though in giantscale forum search for "almost ate 22 x 10 pro zinger!" Live and learn at least I'm still alive! LOL

tom

22 X 10]
Old 03-26-2003, 01:48 AM
Moonunit451

Nice lookin' plane Tom:thumbup: , happy to see you survived that one. Man, stay away from the front of your real car:spinnyeye .

OK, where to start, well I thought you'd be interested to find out (or maybe you have an explanation) that Jill had been re taped, and the fragile sticker had been cut all the way through on the top of the box. Unless you had some reason to do this before shipping, Jill was visibly inspected by someone and then forwarded to me. I PM'ed you the day that she got here. It sure was a long time in transit. If it was inspected, I'm surprised i ever got her

I went through some of our earlier discussion on this fuel and I have a question. In reviewing previous posts I noted that this Jet 12.5%, 20% fuel was listed just that way on the previous Omega site. Is this fuel all synthetic, and what is the nitro content? The new listing JET 7% - 20% (30% Castor 70% High Viscosity Lube) as you can see specifies 30% castor, where as the old made no mention of castor.

I'm checking with the new LHS to see about these fuels. The carry a lot of different hobby stuff from planes to buggies to helo's and they had no idea what the Jet fuel designation meant, but I think their going to bone up. I'm guessing Jill is 12.5% Ntg and 20% synthetic and that the current fuel is 7% Ntg and 20% with oils as above. This sound right?

Next time, Jill gets wild:surprised
Old 03-26-2003, 02:42 AM
buyrbware

Moon,
That was a used box JILL was shipped in. The fragile sticker was cut on the orignal shippment of the box to my address.

Here's the scoop on JILLS history.

She was blended by Morgan Fuels under the Omega brand..She was concocked xpecially for the Heli nationals in Muncie Ind. She was sold directly to the Japaneese top dog competing in this event...I got 5 cases from him after the weekend was over.

Jet 12.5 was the closest I could find matching Jills actual biological make up! They stopped carrying jet 12.5, and replaced it with jet 7 close but has the added castor....
So who is Jill?

She is 12.5% nitro and 85/15 on the oil...85 being synthetic! This is an impressive fuel. I have ran wildcat and blue thunder through the rc-10 and cannot get the rpm's that I get with this! " Yes Gentlemen I use a tach on my engine so its documented" Anyway in my fuel investigations i find omega's jet 7 or heli 12 to be closest to the blend.

Tom "Jills First"
Old 04-01-2003, 04:33 AM
Moonunit451

Default Wouldn't

Tom,

About the box, I guess I thought you had put those stickers on there for sure. Clearly I was aware that the box had been used previously, kinda where I came up with "Jill". I guess what confused me, and actually still does, is that the send and return addresses were both on the flaps of the box underneath the FRAGILE seal . Oh well, still kind of a mystery to me.

Now about "Jill". We finally got some really nice weather over the weekend, mid 70's Sunday a little muggy though (and rain again by late Sunday night. Anyway, Saturday morning, my son and my friend Dan who also has an RC10GT loaded our cars and other essential supplies int his Blazer and headed for the coast for a little work on his place and some R&R.

Saturday afternoon we got all the cars out together for the first time. I had run a tank of "Jill" mid last week, but I of course "had to idle it to let the internals adjust" LOL no offense intended to ANYONE). Actually the road was wet and I couldn't really hook up so it was hard to get a feel for any difference from other fuels I've used.

Anyway, on Saturday we found a football field to run on for a couple hours. I brought about half of "Jill" along for the trip. We couldn't all get our cars running together much for various reasons, but I was able to demonstrate "Jills" superiority over both O'Donnell's 20% nitro which my friend was running, very very lean I might add and the Wildcat 15% Nitro my son was running in his car. I wooped up on them both fairly commandingly, and my engine was running about 20 degrees cooler than it was with the Wildcat:spinnyeye !

Very impressive indeed , especially when my friends car was running over 350 degrees. He wasn't concerned about it though for a couple different reasons. 1, as soon as I whooped up on him, he said he was going too get that Fantom engine that grampi has been raving about LOL (I was telling him about it). 2, he's had this car for almost three years and has never checked the temp, rarely cleans it, never lubes it, has never used after run oil, let's it sit for months at a time with NO maintenance and this car runs like hella FAST:surprised , and very strong. It still has excellent compression Dood would not even let me lean it out for him LOL.

We ran em Sunday too but not in a very good spot, grass was too high and we only had about a four foot pathway we could really get going on, couldn't really get a race going, but his car was REALLY hooking up on the pavement. I don't know if I could have beat him that day, on the other hand "Jill" had long since expired and I was running on his O"Donell's, so who knows. He was running at like 370 degrees! Wouldn't let me touch it! I did sneak in an opportunity to richen him up about a quarter turn when he wasn't looking though

Well, I gotta say, I really did like the way "Jill" performed:sunsmiley ! Thanks alot Tom for sending me the sample,by the way nice fuel bottle too . "Jill" is not only very attractive, she's a real performer too! Too bad her life has been snuffed out. But,---- I still have a pint left and I'm going to save it to run on the pavement against these guys for her final performance.

I REALLY liked the fuel and I'm looking forward to burning more JET fuel, next time with 30% castor. I'll be ordering a gallon at the end of the week from the new LHS if we can get it. I'll let ya'll know how the next and final test with "Jill" turns out.

Sorry so long, but it was a FUN weekend with good company .
Old 04-01-2003, 06:03 AM
buyrbware

Another happy airplane fuel user!!!!!......LOL

Hey Colin,
I have two gallons of Jill left, and my buddy has about 4 so if you ever need more for a special occasion of whoop A** just let me know and I'll get another quart to ya!!!

Glad she kicked Mr. O'donnells Butt! And cooler too!

Tom
Old 04-01-2003, 06:07 AM
buyrbware

One gallon is for Rocket Kitty!

She's going flying Saturday!!!!! Lol

If I can get the wife out of town
Old 04-01-2003, 06:20 AM
packfan88