Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

1/8th buggies, what brands to look at

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8th buggies, what brands to look at

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 12:03 AM
HDClown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8th buggies, what brands to look at

I've been shopping for a 1/8th buggy and see Mugen and Ofna the most. A guy I know pretty big into R/C says that for 1/8th buggies that Mugen and Kyosho are at the top, and Ofna would fall into a middle range below these.

I'm pretty clueless on the 1/8 facet of R/C cars, so I am looking for more opinions.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:54 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion (I've been racing 1/8 scales buggies for about 7 years now), Kyosho and Mugen make the best (handling and durability) buggies. Thunder Tiger, Crono, GS Storm Pro, and "high-end" Ofna buggies are next. The entry level buggies (such as the GS Storm, Ofna LX, Hot Bodies, etc. are the least durable.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:53 AM
marciano1969
My Feedback: (1)

I have a hyper 7 pro made by ofn and just got a kanai II, have been running the hyper for 3 months and have had no problems with the buggy, wanted to try the kanai II and they both are durable but the kanai is much easier to get set up then the hyper, If i where you I would get the 7.5 the you can have a good car and a average price
Old 04-01-2003, 01:55 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Kyosho and Mugen are best, thats all you are going to hear.. lol but Ofna has been getting a horrible rep in there 1/8th buggy department
Old 04-01-2003, 07:53 AM
thebluebus

ive got an TTR EB4 S2 and i've had no real problems with it at all. Its pretty cheap too compared to Kyosho's and Mugen's and might be worth considering...