Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Feda Dragonfly Help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Feda Dragonfly Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Ashok_2429

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feda Dragonfly Help!!!

PLease help someone. I have just recieved my feda dragonfly but do not have a clue on how tomount the training gear. It is the offical one which features in the parts list of the manual.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:45 PM
engwerda

Default RE: Feda Dragonfly Help!!!

hey ashok, i've just recently bought one and fitted the traing equipment. If the one you are using is just the ping pong balls with wire rods it's quite easy. Firstly you need to connect the four clips to the current skids, connecting them at the joins with the verticle rods.
After you've done this put one of the four rods with the balls on the end throught one of the 2 holes. They do not fit perfectly. slip the rod into the centre circle and commence with the next one, in the same hole as before.
With the next two rods, don not yet fit them through the holes, place them over the top and find out which hole will fit best without too much bending. Then just place them in.
Sorry i have no pictures for you, but if you're still having trouble at the end of the week, i can s3nd them on the weekend.
just try and try again.
- cheers, Josh
Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Ashok_2429

thats great thankyou. I also cant get my zhen hua to work with the flight sim tru-filght. I have read other posts about red buttons and switches but an pretty sure that i do not have them. I was supplied with the siftware which I have updated and a cable but it just says that it cant find a TX.

A speedy reply would be grateful.
Ashok
Old 10-09-2003, 03:50 AM
engwerda

sorry mate, can't help you, fortunately for me i have seperate parts, but the simulators are soooo much help.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:37 PM
stirlingnut

I have same heli,same radio,there is a copy right issue with the software,it requires a "dongle"which is just a weird way of saying special cord with special hardware in the connector so the software cannot be pirated. I wonder about mods to the circut board,but it is wrong and illegal to pirate some one elses hard work and not pay.Also I think it must be able to turn off pcm function and switch to ppm inside radio,I do not know how to get around it,i bought a trainer box on ebay
My 2 cents
Old 10-10-2003, 01:16 AM
Ashok_2429

Thanks for the info. WOuld the guy i bought it off be able to provide me with the cable or is that just life.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:27 AM
CaptinCrash

Hi,
I have a Dragonfly with the Zhen Hua transmitter and single control PCB. I found some advice on this forum (eventually). My cable is a 9 way D type to a 4 pin mini din type.
All you need to do is connect the Tx to the PC serial port. Remove the crystal and put somewhere safe. Press red button in top left hand corner so it is IN. DO NOT power up Tx. Start the program (I got Truflite 3D version 2 with mine) and Bobs your uncle.
Hope this helps.

Fred
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39842.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	67629  
Old 10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
AndyW-RCU

Best thing to do with the training u/c is bin it. It ruins the models flying characteristics, destroys the battery life, puts more stain on the already poor quality motor and sets up harmonic ossilations that shake the heli to a blur. They bounce that well why bother anyway
Old 10-14-2003, 07:32 PM
stirlingnut

I guess there are several different versions of the "zhen hua" transmitters.Ashok,it sound like you and I have the same version.As far as I have been able to determine,there is no way to make it work without additional hardware.It has something to do with the signal being pcm,which has to be changed before it will work with the sim.
And since we don't have radios with switches(you have checked inside the back cover under the batteries,right?) IF you do have a dipswitch in the back,turn #5 on,otherwise you are SOL. My vendor(xmseller on ebay) says a new software will be out soon to make it work,but I won't hold mu breath. I decided to get another heli with a futaba radio that does come with a working cable and a copy of FMS. I added up all the parts cost likely to keep it going,so I just bought another one.The new one has separate components,and is the newest version.The head has a re-enforcement plate, different blades,and tail support. I have not had any problems at all with the first one,it works fine. Read all the posts on tuning,balancing.Little things are big things to little helis.
I put a large thin plastic washer under the cyclic control lever,this helped reduce overcontrol.and made a lighter set of training gear from long soda straws.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15475.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	67734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48512.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	67735