Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

T Maxx help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Ghostrider80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Maxx help

Ok well i got a t maxx two days ago and i'm still breaking in the engine , but all it does is keep stalling all the time or just wont even bother to start at all . Any help would be great thanks and yes i'm a noob and dont know what the hell i'm doing
Old 04-01-2006, 03:29 PM
rc_racer09

Default RE: T Maxx help

are you turning the rich/lean needle 1/8th of a turn like it says in the manual?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Ghostrider80

No not yet becouse it says dont do that until the 3rd tank and i didnt want to screw it up by messig up the needles then forgetting how you put them back in the position they was in , I have lowered the idle speed a little bit becouse it kept moving forward , do you think maybe i have turned it to much or that it could just be to rich ? thanks for the help
Old 04-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

First , double check the mixture settings , sometimes they are not were they are supposed to be . After you check them you might need to ritchen or lean the settings due to your location and temp. The factory settings are starting points and will differ in a different altitude and temp. Also you might try slightly loosening the glow plug and start the engine , once started , tighten it up.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Ghostrider80

Thanks for the help guy's hopefully it will start working tomorrow when i take it out again its just annoying when you're not sure about something and dont want to mess it up .
Old 04-01-2006, 11:54 PM
JeepGuyNJ
My Feedback: (1)

I would start from scratch again. Put all the needles back to factory settings. The Low speed needle should sit flush with the metal around it, and the high speed needle should be out at 4 turns.

If the truck lurches foward from those settings, decrease the idle screw.

Let the truck idle for a little bit before you try to go foward...you want the engine to get to temperature first.

Hang in there...tuning took me a long time to get the hang of. But once you do it a bunch of times, it'll just feel like 2nd nature!