Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR NER 226X Rcvr

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 02:17 AM
charliey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR NER 226X Rcvr

I want to use two Hitec HS-55 feather servos for brakes (light handlaunch) connected in parallel. Can this Rx drive this pair from a single channel? Do all channels on this Rx have the same current drive capacity? Like, how many mA/Channel?
Would much appreciate help.
Tnx in advance.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:44 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR NER 226X Rcvr

Yes, you could simply use a Y harness to use both of those servos through one channel. All the channels share a power bus that is used to distribute power, and each channel draws from a single bus, so there really isn't a mA rating per channel. Generally the rule is to not use more than 2 servos from a single channel, or the signal strength to each servo gets too low. If using more than 2 servos from a single channel, it is best to use a battery bus with a separate battery to isolate the power the servos draw from the receiver.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:15 PM
charliey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR NER 226X Rcvr

Thanks a bunch for the advice!
Now, could you refer me to a good (comprehensive) book on RC radios, servos and RC electronics in general? I'm a retired professional electronics / comms engineer and I'd really like to understand what's going on in some detail.
Note - I'm very new to the RC game . My thumbs need much training. My crash record is impressive!
Again, thanks.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:43 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR NER 226X Rcvr

I'm sorry to say that I do not know of a good book for RC electronics. Ya, unfortunately crashes happen, even to the most experienced pilots...