Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Cybercopter

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 AM
lex33
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cybercopter

Received my Cybercopter this week and was very impressed. It came completely assembled and is constructed of aluminum, fiberglass and carbon fiber. Shaft rear drive that removes for carrying in the aluminum case supplied. A set of both wood and aluminum blades were included. Pictures and order info can be seen @http://www.amd.org.hk/cata/cyber.htm
Heli uses a CCPM alum. head, four micro servos. I am using a 3 cell 1200mah lipo but plan to go to the new 1500mah Kokam lipo because of it'd higher current rating. A 480 motor is supplied and I plan initial flights this weekend with it. However, this needs a brushless in my opinion and I am sourcing one now. I would like to hear from anyone else who has one of these to compare notes. My all up weight was 490gms.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:05 PM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

how much is it? looks preety cool to me..

I'm already here in HK and I got to know that there's this type of heli here from a guy in Florida!!!!

I got to have it, but have to think of an excuse to my ear wife ... a 30 size heli would still be too big here in HK, got to go outskirts if you wanna fly bigger helis :cry:
Old 08-26-2003, 06:31 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

It is funny I have to hear this news from guy who lives in USA while I'm living in Hong Kong.
It's very interesting and price is not that bad at all.
How's your kit? Can you give us some more detail? Maybe I just go there and buy one?
avance_x
Price is us$299. you can check it on online ordering page.
I couldn't find any tel. No of this company..
Thanks for your sharing.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:38 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

I found tel. No and call them.
Even I'm in Hong Kong I need to place an order through their website since there is only marketing office in Hong Kong and they don't have any stock in their office. (I'm living walking distance from their office)
the guy told me there is a LHS in Mong Kok WILL carry this heli later.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:37 PM
gotak
My Feedback: (1)

Default Cybercopter

Speaking of LHS in hk where do you two get your goodies from?

I want to see if the prices could be cheaper then over here in Canada. Give me a few addresses and I can send my friend on a shopping trip!
Old 08-27-2003, 04:17 AM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

Hey reefer,

Did the guy from that company gave you the name of the LHS, I just hope that it'll be cheaper once they release it locally (i.e. here in HK).

I did call them, but I think it's a bit pricey for 299. The workmanship looks good but haven't seen it fly (e.g. videos/pics) and you won't be sure with the spare parts. I was just disappointed with it, I was expecting that it'll be cheaper when I order locally. R/C cars here are ussually cheaper by ~US$100 compared to the suggested retail prices.

I'm thinkin' of getting the Quickie E-10 or the Corona 120 instead, You could have these from US for less than 299 including the shipping cost.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:05 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

gotak,
If you are talking about price of R/C, HK is one of chepest places for them.
There are several of model shops near MongKok area.
Cyberkopter.
next to Monk Kok police station near Prince Edward MTR Station.

another one (Forgot name. I never go there since they think their customers are all stupid and very bad service).
In front of YMCA hotel near Ya Ma Tae KCR station.

avance_x,
I'm a owner of two hornets. and they fly OK.
Since you already have a FP heli(hummer), why do you want to get anoter FP corona?
You can get LOGO10 instead and cheapest price in the world is Hong Kong and much better performence.
I have got video of cybercopter from AMD but it is very poor quality Vid. and just contains hovering. If you want, I will send you.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:26 AM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

another one (Forgot name. I never go there since they think their customers are all stupid and very bad service). In front of YMCA hotel near Ya Ma Tae KCR station.
I think, that would be Waigo

I was thinking that I won't be needing 3D capable heli since I don't have time going to the outskirts of HK (Tsuen Mun). Your lucky though, you stay in Shatin, right? I know there's one flying field around there.

We're can I buy a Logo here in HK? How about spare parts? Any idea?

Already cost me a lot on the Hummer and can only fly it on a very (I mean very very) fine day, tiw! . Please do send the vid, that'll be cool. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:50 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

avance_x,
Where is a flying field in Shatin? I was not aware of that.
I went for CP not because of 3D because I'm a newbie. I'm not that skilled pilot but whenever there was a gust my heli was just floating up and had a hard time to bring it back to ground with my FP hummer and FP Hornet.

As long as I know, Cyberkopter has good price on LOGO compare with US vender and they have all parts include upgrade parts.

Concerning LHS will carry that Al. heli I was told is space hobby in Mong Kok. I think I bought my GY240 less than us$80 at there before.

Please, let me know your e-mail address I will send you that video.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:30 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Cybercopter

That Cybercopter does look very trik and intriguing, It's definitely something I'll keep an eye on, I just would wanna make sure parts and stuff wouldn't be a problem, plus wouldn't mind hearing a review on the flyability but as far as looks, that thing is killer!

Reefer if you don't mind, could you send me the vid too? [email protected]

Hey AvanceX, cp makes a world of difference in flyability, it's not only for 3D, although you can grow into that later but you'd be surprised at how much more control you have over the heli with cp and even be more pleasantly surprised at how stable and fun a bigger heli is to fly. The Logo 10 is a bad bird and your learning will accelerate like you won't believe with this bird. Wind is not a factor at all, well to a certain extent but for example 10-15mph winds is nothing for the Logo 10, in fact I fly in 20+mph winds sometimes and it handles it very well plus no more of the wind picking you up etc. you can descend when you want how you want lol. Words can't really explain how fun the Logo 10 is, if you're even considering it, you should get it if your budget allows.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM
gotak

Default Cybercopter

Cool i am tellng my friend to go take a look. I need a HH gyro really.. I hate flying hte tail.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:56 PM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

astronut30,
Sent you a file.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:33 PM
astronut30

Default Cybercopter

Hi, I didn't seem to get it
Old 08-30-2003, 12:23 AM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

I guess I wont be getting the logo, it's quiet big for my locality and I would need to have to buy extra batteries and a new charger.
I saw the Eolo R-22 and seems I can optimize the usage of my stuffs from my surface R/Cs.
I bought a new Losi XXX KE a month before I got hooked on this flying heli$. Thinking of disposing it but don't know how much will it be.
Anyone interested in Losi XXX KE with GM's SX-9 ESC and Atlas 13x2 motor?
Old 08-30-2003, 12:36 AM
astronut30

Default Cybercopter

Hey, you shouldn't have a problem selling that on Rcuniverse.com , that's probably the biggest rc car/truck forum...
Old 09-01-2003, 12:52 AM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

.Hey reefer,

A guy from one of the LHS told me about the area in Shatin, but I already forgot where. I'll try to check it again.

Logo as mentioned is quite too big for my area. Any idea where I could buy a Eolo here in HK? BTW, thanks for the vid you've sent, it's not good enough though. Looks pretty heavy .

Astro,

Thanks for your feedback. I had it posted on R/C car forum. I guess if somebody is interested on it, I could settle for a brushless set-up .
Old 09-01-2003, 01:51 AM
astronut30

Default Cybercopter

haha, I just realized that I said RCU and we're on it, I must a thought I was on ezone at the time, hehe.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:31 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

astronut30,
I will sent it again tonight. (HK time).
avance,
I haven't seen eolo but it seems that the size of it is quite simular to logo. I think If you can fly eolo in your area, you would be able to fly logo. I don't have any source of eolo in hong kong but if you really want to buy it try www.e-flight.co.uk they will wave the TAX for non EU resident.

My concern over cybercopter is weight. it is around 500g
Old 09-01-2003, 05:48 AM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

Reefer,

Somebody told me that Eolo is the missing link between a micro and a .30 size heli. BTW, thanks for the link but I guess heli-kraft is still cheaper tho'. I'll try to check for spares first.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:10 AM
reefer

Default Cybercopter

avance,
Eolo seems quite good but I just don't want to buy a heli that makes me buy a spear part from oversea since I have to wait for long time to get a simple part(+ shipping cost) or need to have many spear parts on hand. I can buy hornet stock parts locally cheaper than US that is big plus for Hornet to me.
If you find eolo and parts with good price locally please let me know since I'm interested in that heli also.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:19 AM
gotak

Default Cybercopter

got my friend to visit cyberkopter. The price they quoted for a gyro is quite expensive! The cost of the mico heli new almost! They say they don't carry CSM stuff.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:27 PM
avance_x

Default Cybercopter

Gotak,

There are other LHS that offers cheaper prices aside from Cyberkopter. The LHS that I visited last time is selling a GY240 for $82, other would be cheaper at less than $80.
I'll be glad to help you but I got to work!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:38 PM
gotak

Default Cybercopter

Well my friend's not into R/C he's more a computer kind of guy.

So it's a bit of a pain to ask him to do stuff. As i was ordering some parts anyhow i ordered a CSM200 from a Canadian store over here. Would end up similar with the shipping and all.

But in the future i might be interested in stuff. There's no Canadian shop online that sells CF blades for hummingbirds or hornets. So now I am looking for those. Any places in HK to get them?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:35 AM
avance_x

Default RE: Cybercopter

ORIGINAL: gotak
But in the future i might be interested in stuff. There's no Canadian shop online that sells CF blades for hummingbirds or hornets. So now I am looking for those. Any places in HK to get them?
I was looking for it myself but to no avail. I got a Hornet CF FP blade on my Hummer... from heli-hobby..[&o]
Old 09-11-2003, 07:48 PM
gregw

Default RE: Cybercopter

Lex3,

How does it fly? A quick review would be appreciated.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.