Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Nitro to Electric

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Nitro to Electric

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:38 AM
sherman89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro to Electric

I maidened a 600 T-Rex yesterday after many hours of flying the Raptor 50. So quiet and SO no smoke and SO no dirtand So smooth, no vibration!!!!!! I do not think I will be back to Nitro any time soon.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
redvtr1000

Default RE: Nitro to Electric

I kinda like the noise.

you should be able to have a smooth running heli whether it is nitro or electric. I don't have any vibes on my raptor for the time being anyhow.

I'd sure love to get my hands on a 50 size electric but the initial cost of the batteries is the hard part for me. Might end up costing less in the long run but I'll pay the extra price to be able to refuel and go right back up.

You are right on with the quiet though, I'd probably have a bunch of unhappy neighbors if I fired up the raptor in my back yard. Maybe less mosquitos though!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 AM
sherman89

If your heli has a 2 stroke motor it is vibrating!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 AM
redvtr1000

Obviously the motor has some vibrations but you way you talk about it you would think the thing is going to shake itself apart any second.

The whole nitro vs electric thing is a dead debate. Each one has their positives and negatives. Maybe you just didn't take the time to set your heli up and balance everything correctly because my raptor doesn't shake, shimmy, or vibrate any more in flight than either of my electric helis.

On second thought, my electrics do shake less When they are sitting there on the ground waiting on packs to charge.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 PM
mgarciah

This is a good question, in my opinion electrics are nice, less noise, no smoke, no oil....but, make NASCAR cars or formula 1 cars electric, this is possible, in fact electrics has more torque than nitro... but can you imaging that!!!!!!!.... senseless and boring.... Im electronic guy but I prefer the real thing... go nitro!!!