Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Quadra 35 gas to oil ratio

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
magazoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadra 35 gas to oil ratio

I have a Quadra Q35 (made in USA) engine. It is brand new never been run. I have read the many postings of the mixtures for this engine. I do not have the original manual so I do not know the manufactures recommendation. Does anyone know what it is? Second does a velocity stack on the carb. improve performance? Last what RPM should I get running a Master Airscrew 20X6 composit prop? Thanks, Magazoid
Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Quadra 35 gas to oil ratio

ORIGINAL: magazoid

I have a Quadra Q35 (made in USA) engine. It is brand new never been run. I have read the many postings of the mixtures for this engine. I do not have the original manual so I do not know the manufactures recommendation. Does anyone know what it is? Second does a velocity stack on the carb. improve performance? Last what RPM should I get running a Master Airscrew 20X6 composit prop? Thanks, Magazoid
First of all, Welcome to RCU.
I think you would be safe running Pennzoil Air Cooled 2 cycle oil at 32:1. The main advantage to a velocity stack is that it will keep a lot of the blow back fuel spray off of your plane. I have never noticed one improving performance but they will help the gas mileage. I won't comment on the prop RPM because I don't know.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 18x8 on ryobi 31cc engines and 18x10 on US41. It sounds like a 20x6 would do in your case for starters. Could try the 18x8 just for comparisons.
Edwin
Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 PM
51-D GUY
My Feedback: (4)

I have a Quadra 42 , I use the pennsoil 32 to 1 ratio, works fine for me. the manual says 16 to 25 to 1 ratios,

I also turn a master airscrew 20x6 prop, don't know what the rpm's are but it turn's up just fine , In your case with the Q-35 I'd try a 18x6 prop, i think anything bigger is going to load it up too much .
Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 PM
51-D GUY
My Feedback: (4)

I have a Quadra 42 , I use the pennsoil 32 to 1 ratio, works fine for me. the manual says 16 to 25 to 1 ratios,

I also turn a master airscrew 20x6 prop, don't know what the rpm's are but it turn's up just fine , In your case with the Q-35 I'd try a 18x6 prop, i think anything bigger is going to load it up too much .

Big Bird is right on the vloisity stack, no increse in power , but it does keep gas off the side of the plane