Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Topflight P51-D

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 AM
tjbbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topflight P51-D

I'm building a Topflight P51-D Gold Edition .60-1.20 size kit. I can't find in the instructions how to attach the wing.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Topflight P51-D

Starting on page 19 of the manual, you begin to build the air scoop assembly that goes below the wing. This is where the wing dowels are located. On pages 20 and 21 you locate, drill, and install the wing bolt plate. When you skin the wings, a detail on page 24 shows you how to drill the holes in the skins for the wing bolts. You fit the wing to the fuselage and get it aligned, starting on page 33.

By reading the manual and studying the plans, the wing installation becomes clear.