Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Piper Arrow engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piper Arrow engine

I am looking at the Piper Arrow (wish the Bonanza was still around!) and am planning a pretty scale build.

What engines will fit completely inside the cowl? I definitely want a 4 stroke and I see that the OS and Magnum 91 4 strokes are popular options but do they fit without having to cut into the cowl? What about a Saito 82 or even a Saito 100 twin?

Also, I fly from a grass field that is fairly smooth. Is the tricycle gear strong enough to handle less than perfect field conditions?

Thanks

Old 08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Piper Arrow engine

Answered in general kit building forum. Please post questions in one forum only, per RCU rules.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piper Arrow engine

My thread went unanswered and I didnt see any activity in this forum for a couple of days so I posted the question in the kit forum where anybody could answer it and not just the manufacturer.

Also, the second part to my question was not asked in the other thread but you will probably see a post about the landing gear as well in the kits forum because that is another question that I have but that didnt get answered here.