Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Creek Hobbies Sukhoi balance problem

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Creek Hobbies Sukhoi balance problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:22 AM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek Hobbies Sukhoi balance problem

I have a 25% creek hobbies sukhoi. I have a saito 150, servos in the tail, batter and reciever near the tank. The plane is WAY too tail heavy. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if there was any update on the CG. Thanks for any info guys!
Old 03-27-2003, 01:52 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

e mail or PM capthis. he had to put about 8 oz of lead on the nose of his but ended up removing half of it after flying it a few times. Ithink it had a saito 180 in it
Old 03-27-2003, 02:12 AM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

Default Thanks for the Info!

I will get ahold of him. Thanks alot smallfly! I appriciate it!
Old 03-27-2003, 03:43 AM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I think all the Creek hobbies planes are tail heavy. I had to add a ton to my Staudacher to get it to balance.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:48 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Goes to show, no matter where the manual says to mount the tail group servos, wait untill you have the engine on and have an idea of balance. Even though manual says mount servos in tail, you may be much better of mounting them up in fuse.
I had a 3W24 in my Creek Sukhoi, so I didn't have a tail heavy problem LOL.
DKjens
Old 03-27-2003, 03:58 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I moved the Rudder servo into the fuse and placed the battery on the motor box and was able to remove 12 oz of lead.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:27 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I have the Extra with an OS160, and had to add 8oz of lead in the nose. I mounted the rudder servo by the wing tube and the battery up in the front of the engine box.

Mike
Old 03-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Hank68

Default Balancing Problems

I have the Creek Katana with a 3W24.I put the rudder servo up by the wing and still had to add a little lead to the nose. I was hoping that with the gasser,I wouldn't have add weight.If this plane 3D's well enough.I'm going to get another and try putting the elevator servos up by the wing.

Hank
Old 03-28-2003, 05:32 AM
h82crash

I have the Extra and had to add 0 weight to it. CG at about 5.25" and flys great! Rudder servo near the CG and elevator servos in the tail with the OS 160 up front. I think most people have the CG too far forward. My plane is pretty heavy and can't imagine it with lead in it. It wouldn't fly any better than a Global model then. The recommened CG on my Midwest Cap is 5.75" back and mine is at 6.75" and it not only flys awesome but it is where it should be. MFR's recommend fwd of optimum as a saftey margin as they have no control over the pilot's setup or skill. Just remember that all the planes in this class have a sensitive elevator and the throw should be 9/16 to 5/8 on low rate. You read about all the problems with instability in the H9 Edge but my friend's and mine both fly beautifully. Fly your planes, do a stability test, and adjuct CG accordingly. If the CG is too far fwd the plane wiil be overly stable and will require more throw to effect control. As you move CG back, reduce elevator throw.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:46 PM
john316

My Sukhoi came out way tail heavy.Iis the cg range in the manual right for this bird cuz it flies horrible balanced towards the rear of the published range!!