Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G26 Installation ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
hosam
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 Installation ???

Does any one have detailed pictures of how to install a G26. I am installing my first gasser on a H9 Taylorcraft. There is a bare Black wire that i believe goes to a kill switch, but a kill switch has 2 wires, what goes where? Any and all pictures will help allot.

I also would like to know how you set up your fuel lines. I know there is one that goes from the tank (with the clunk) to the engine. The second with the vent, where does this one go? and how do I fill it and drain it with the cowel on? sorry for the questions but I am totally new to gas.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: G26 Installation ???

The bare black wire goes to one side of the kill switch, the other side goes to ground,,,Page 8 in the owner's manual...The vent from the tank goes out the bottom of the fuselage...To fill the tank with a cowl on requires a T fitting in the line between the tank and the carb..There is a product called a Fuel Dot that fits into the cowl to connect to the T fitting for filling....
Old 04-21-2004, 06:09 AM
hosam

Hi RCIGN1,

Thanks for the info, the instruction manual is not clear. I have two more question, they give you a white arm that replaces the spring loaded carburetor arm and they indicate to remove the arm with a pair of needle nose pliers but the thing is riveted on there. Is there a trick I am missing or is there another way to mount the throttle rod? The second, is there a way to mount a arm to the choke so I can either use another servo, or have a rod that runs through the cowl and be able to open and close it?

Thanks again
Hosam
Old 04-21-2004, 07:28 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get the stock carb "arm" off, use a small grinding wheel on a high speed rotary tool and grind the center shaft part flush with the arm. Only then can you "...use a needle nose pliers..." to get the #$%^&* thing off!

Do the same on the choke shaft, and use a standard nose wheel steering arm that fits the diameter of the shaft.

Are you one of the lucky fellows that got a throttle arm that actually had the hole drilled and tapped in it for the set screw? I had several with no hole.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
hosam

Thanks Guys, I got it all set up... I knew I came to the right place to ask my questions...