Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

My first build, Tamiya Lancia HF Integrale

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 PM
usurp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first build, Tamiya Lancia HF Integrale

I ordered the Lunch Box and Lancia HF kits from eBay and was hoping the Lunch Box would get here first since I heard it was an easy build but somehow the Lancia got here first and I decided to go ahead and just build the thing hoping for the best.

Well it went a lot better than I expected BUT, I am now thinking I should have just purchased all the parts I wanted to upgrade because I can't imagine taking everything apart again for example just to replace the motor. How do you guys do it??

Luckily I did purchase some metal ball bearings before the build so at least I got one thing done but now I really want to swap out the motor for something a lot powerful since I find the stock 540 slow but dont think I have the courage to take it all apart in case I end up losing a screw or some part.

Another question, is there a guide to applying grease? I don't know if I put a lot of grease or not or if I was actually applying it the right way.
One more question (i promise) I installed the stock servo that came with my futaba controller, what difference would a better servo have on the car?

Here are some pics, the total build time was under 5 hours and the body.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69536.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1096342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49458.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1096343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11114.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1096344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37377.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1096345  
Old 12-25-2008, 03:50 PM
cornel4web

Default RE: My first build, Tamiya Lancia HF Integrale

just do it...you won't lose anything if you have such a great place to build...and this is for sure one of my favorite shell, even if I don't have one...yet...came with pilots too...nice...nice...
Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TT-01 is one of the easiest to build... the parts are very simple.. Good Job!!! Don't worry about upgrade parts... parts are easy to take off and put back..

Basically, it's a plastic chasis with two differentials.... I'm working on the TT-01 drift car and can't believe how easy it was to replace parts...
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
usurp

Here is a better picture I took of the car. Also here is my link to my first video of the car, didn't go as planned lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERs2JstjQkk

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14134.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1097450  
Old 01-01-2009, 06:25 PM
86waterpumper

cool looking car. Man that thing moves out with that silver can power LOL. It must be geared for topend.