Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

good brushless RTR??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
yahman1254
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good brushless RTR??

i was wondering if this would be any good...

[link]http://www.nitrorcx.com/brushless-fire-blue-.html[/link]

i currently have an offroad buggy by the same company and it is a good company but it isnt running a brushless system. i was wondering if the specs on this seem good for a beginner in on-road vehicles.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
yahman1254

Default RE: good brushless RTR??

anyone...
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
fasterrcs

that's a great deal for 168.00 as advertised if the esc can last. the motors are mostly made the same so not much to worried about there other then the low kv count . parts are only available online and hobby shops few and far between but you do have one from that maker so i assume your ok with that. now if the electronics crap out quickly it not such a deal that esc it the absolute bottom of the line. and if you get the car i would start saving up to for a new esc right away

update
i looked in the forums on the site you linked and ever one is complaining about the brushless system . some are saying the motors shutter when starting but they don't realize it the junk batteries it comes with [clogging lol] a lipo will fix that
Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Druss

I wouldn't buy it myself but the next closest would be the e10 flux or tt-01 with sidewinder.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
fasterrcs

yea dam near 400.00. nothing cheap about brushless
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 AM
yahman1254

well, if people on forums complain about motor problems its because of the battery. i already have some good nimh batteries, plus a small 2cell lipo. alos, i have owned something from this company and the esc did as expected, lasted about 4 months
Old 12-30-2008, 02:03 AM
spartan117

Please, Please, I beg you do not get that car. These Xceed rc cars cause problems for many.

With times the way they are, and budgets growing smaller and smaller, we need to support the reliable innovative companies such as Associated, HPI/HB, Tamiya, Kyosho, and Losi etc... Although our budgets may be smaller now we need to support the big companies to keep driving innovation in the rc industry. I would suggest going to your local hobbyshop also and seeing what cars they support and try to give them your business. I work at a Hobbytown and we see a few Xceed cars a month and we have to turn them away because we can't help them with parts. If you purchase a car from your local hobby shop you are also buying the knowledge of the people working at that hobby shop and they will be more than willing to help you with any problems you have. When buying from your local hobby shop are not only helping yourself and the hobby shop, you are also aiding the economy in your community.

Spartan117
Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Druss

stuttering or cogging is more a symtom of a sensorless system and aggressive gearing than batteries. I run a 4500mah 2S lipo on my VXL systems and they still cog at low rpms, it's just the design of the motor. Some cog more than others. If you google the difference between sensored and sensorless systems you'll learn why they cog.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 AM
yahman1254

ok, well if that is ur opinion, then what do u suggest. i was just looking for reliability, and a descent motor. it doesnt have to be brushless, but i want it to go maybe 20mph outa the box
Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Druss

20mph is actually pretty easy to achieve. I think my M04L with a stock silvercan can do that. Brushless is definitely the future but my suggestion would be to get a good chassis to put it in. Get something with local support and upgrades, get the brushed system to begin with and upgrade to a good brushless system when you can afford it.

The e10 or tamiya TT-01 would both be good reliable chassis with tons of parts support and hop ups.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
spartan117

HPI has the new sprint 2 flux. Check it out sometime, it really is very nice.

Spartan117
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
yahman1254

cool, do these three cars come with an aluminum chassis? also what is an estimated price range?