Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Brushless upgrade for 22E

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:03 AM
jtspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless upgrade for 22E

I received my BL upgrade a few days ago, but I'm still waiting for the 4in1 I smoked. I decided to put the new motor and activator on tonight since the 4in1 should arrive any day now. Should I hear a beep when I connect the battery or will I only get the beep if it's connected to the 4in1?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:18 AM
soneebee

Default RE: Brushless upgrade for 22E

JT do you still have to do some soldering on the 4 in 1 to use brushless..
Old 06-30-2006, 11:51 AM
jtspin

No soldering necessary. I bought the combo from RC and Me that includes the motor, the "actiyator", and the Y-cable. Everything just plugs together. I'm a little dissapointed; I still don't seem to have enough power to get more than a foot off the ground. I'm going to try to shed some weight from the bird and maybe the CF blades I also bought. I just seem to keep throwing money at this thing without any success. The only other thing I can try is a LiPo (I'm still using the stock NiMH).
Old 06-30-2006, 12:46 PM
E_Heli

JT,

Definately you should try the High C 3S lipo. My buddy flys with the Venam 3D (same as 22E) using the BL, lipo setup, the helo has all the power to do most 3D manuver, inverted flight...

If you have the tach meter and pitch gauage, check the head speed (with the helo tied down) and the pitch angle ( with the motor wire disconnected), use the PLT and PIT switch, here's my set up:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...age_71/tm.htm#
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4447608

BTW, my stock motor W#22E with 3S 1300mah lipo. I can fly her 100 feet + high.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:37 AM
jtspin

I was going to try to measure my head speed last night and the 4-in-1 I just got went crazy. I plugged in the battery and the motor immediately started (I wasn't in 3D mode) and while I was trying to flip all of the switches and raise and lower the throttle, one of the blades must have hit something and tore the head apart. I think a blade clipped a phone book I had resting on rod I had through the skids to hold it down. Well I guess I needed some other parts anyway.

E_Heli,

Thanks for the advice. I've been thinking of getting a LiPo, but I hate to just keep throwing money at this thing when I'm just not convinced it will ever fly. Let me know if you get it up to 4600' I've only been able to get it to 4501' (one foot above Reno's altitude)

-JT