Community
Search
Notices
JTEC / RADIOWAVE Support Get all your questions regarding JTEC/RADIOWAVE products answered here!

Loose JTec Snuffler Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:36 PM
coalburner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose JTec Snuffler Muffler

The snuffler is a great field saving muffler!
I have a loose component on one of my Snufflers and I'm not sure where to tighten, or if tightening is necessary.
First picture is a typical install on one of my Giant Stingers. I added a safety strap so I don't lose the 1 lb. muffler due to vibration. I also use plenty of loc tite. The second picture show the Snuffler I'm having a problem with. This muffler has over 50 flights on it and "Part B" on both left and right side is rotating loose, but has not come off yet. The nut on "screw A" has been tighten as far as it can without snapping it. "Part B" still rotates, Part A is secure. What do I need to do the make sure part b does not rotate, or is this condition OK? Hard to see on the inside because its blackened.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_174222.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1,013.0 KB
ID:	2134586   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_174438.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	803.4 KB
ID:	2134587  
Old 01-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Kevin Y
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

There are some old Snufflers you have there. The first picture is over 20 yrs old. Haven't use the black Snufflers since mid 90's. On the other one which has also be around its been around awhile ( we haven't made that style probably in over 10 yrs. What you can try there is get a pair of vice grips and pinch the seam together slightly in a couple spots. That should keep the bottom from rotating.

Al Young
JTEC