Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ofna ultra 1/8

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:11 AM
jsswcks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna ultra 1/8

i was thinking of buying a 1/8 scale buggy i cant afford
alot to start out i wanted maybe a kit idont need a radio
i was thinking about the ofna ultra lx but i can only find it rtr
for 299.00 which is ok but if i could find one cheaper with out the radio but with a motor i would be able to get it sooner,
is there any other 1/8 buggies that are as good for under 300?
Old 08-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Nitroaddict

Default ofna ultra 1/8

jss - dont purchase the LX. its junk. If you are limited on how much you can spend, check out the Hot Bodies Lightening RTR, or at least the Ofna MBX series. If you have the ability to save, then wait a bit and get a good buggy, such as a MP7.5, HB lightening Pro, Storm Pro, or Ofna 9.5 series. I have learned the hard way in the past that u will spend more money buying junk RC and repairing/replacing, than if u just saved up for the good stuff right up front.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:32 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Default ofna ultra 1/8

why do you say that its junk? I have heard alot of VERY good things about this buggy. I say go for it. Do a search here at RCU for it, and you should get lots of threads. Have Fun!!
Old 08-14-2003, 03:00 PM
jsmax

Default ofna ultra 1/8

On the cheaper end of the buggies, I think that the MBX Pro is probably the best buy. I have seen them selling new in box, RTR MBX Pro's on ebay for $279 (There is one on there right now). They are a pretty good starter buggy, and can go quite a ways, and even into entry level racing. There are a lot of similarities (I have even heard that some of the parts are compatible between the 2) between the OFNA 9.5 and the MBX.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ofna ultra 1/8

JSSWCKS,

Here you go! An MBX Pro w/ CNC billet head. With or without upgraded Radio gear if you want it!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...53&forumid=227]
Old 08-14-2003, 03:21 PM
IAMaxxer

Default i would save and get a better buggy...

one that you can race, and won't break all the time!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default ofna ultra 1/8

The LX Pro is "junk" because it has flimsy axles, you'll be spending more money on replacing them or buying 8mm ones, MBX Pro is your best deal just for a little more. Or the MBX R2 kit and pick out an engine and radio.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Nitroaddict

Default ofna ultra 1/8

Originally posted by Kuma
The LX Pro is "junk" because it has flimsy axles, you'll be spending more money on replacing them or buying 8mm ones, MBX Pro is your best deal just for a little more. Or the MBX R2 kit and pick out an engine and radio.
lets not forgtet the 6065 aluminium instead of 7075, the 2mm shoick towers, when most others are 4mm, or at least 3mm, no brake bias, junk tires, poor springs, overheight balance, and a crappy force 25 engine.

finally, ofna doesnt even build it, its imported from korea.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:36 AM
ShOzz

Default ofna ultra 1/8

the ultra mnx pro i takes more of a beating then my all decked out 1500 dollar hyper 7.

a damn good car for the money.