Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please Help Quick!Car keeps stalling,temperature at range?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please Help Quick!Car keeps stalling,temperature at range?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 AM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Quick!Car keeps stalling,temperature at range?

Hi,i have a VH-X5 nitro 4wd buggy.Nomatter what temperature i run at,the car keeps stalling after idling for about 10 seconds sometimes less.When im running my car around nomatter if its at 200f or 280f the car always stalls after i let it stay still for under 10 seconds.The glowplug is alright ,what could be wrong???
P.S I dont have a LSN.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please Help Quick!Car keeps stalling,temperature at range?

Idling engines will often "load up" and stall when they've been idling for a while - although the fact that you've not got a LSN certainly isn't helping! If the engine seems well tuned otherwise then all you can really do is to bump up the idle slightly - as long as the clutch still isn't engaging at.

You are sure you've not got an LSN right? Sometimes they are located in the "barrel" and they don't look like an adjustment screw at all.

The only other thing i can suggest is that you blip the throttle when the car is stationary - this should allow it to idle for slightly longer.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
DaveG55

What engine are you running - Size, Brand and model.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:52 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

Their are many possibilities. the low end is off or their is junk in the lines. You didn't say what really happens whe it dies at idle. Does the engine speed up or slow down. If the engine speeds up then the low is lean. If it slows down and dies then the low is too rich. If nothing happens then check for crap in the carb. The idle adjustment is only to get is running. You can adjust it a little to keep it running. All nitro engines run at different temperatures around the world. Temperature readings are good for a geaneral range starting point.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:02 AM
HPI DIRT DAWG

have you checked your fuel mixture? because the car could be getting to much of fuel and drowing it out
Old 01-06-2007, 08:29 PM
naynay12

ok,i asked my lhs he said i dont have a lsn,all i have is a nut that holds the throttle linkage.How do i check for crap in the carb?Ive just got a cheap .15 engine slide carburetor,pull start.Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:06 AM
naynay12

What else can i do,my carb is opened about 2.5 mm maybe is that too much?My hsn is opened 2 and 3 quarters of a turn.Like i said i dont have a lsn.My car stalls without reving up or dieing slowly it just sought of dies without no warning,and just revs down slightly for about 1 second.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
flynney1

this happened with my buggy and i tried everything i took it to my lhs and in the end my glow heater wasnt strong enuf so i bought a xtm racing glow heater and now my car runs smooth well did till i done a jump and landed with abit of a bump
Old 01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
naynay12

Yeh,i bought a new glow plug,and i switched to 10 percent nitro,my lhs said because i was only using 5 percent it wasnt strong anough,because my car should really be using atleast 15 percent!!Anyway thanks for all of your help.