Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

HPI RS4 Evo to Electric Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 05:13 PM
Overvolted

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good!! Use a temp gun when you first run and check motor temps often. The 23t pinion fried the motor in about 30 seconds. 15t in about 10 minutes. Im hoping the 10t will do the trick thwn I may expirement with an 11,12 and 13. I have not gone through a full battery pack yet! Its a learning curve that so far hasnt broke the bank.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:38 PM
claudiobakst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That’s cool!
Old 03-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Deek42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Conversion

I am in the process of converting my RS4 as well. How did your 4300 kv motor work out? Does it have enough low end? I am keeping the 2 speed and the brake so I don't have to deal with the one way bearing for now. But I may eliminate the one way and the brake later to save weight. Do you have the file for your battery tray? I am going to do something similar. I like the Hobbywing EZRun Max 10 4000KV combo, but i feel like I am just guessing at what KV I should be using.... I do have several choices for pinion sets, but I am not sure if I am even close...

For the pinion I shaved off the stock bell and machined a interference fit piece of aluminum to press into the center to eliminate the bearings. Leaving enough meat out the back for 2 set screws to lock it in.

Last edited by Deek42; 03-01-2024 at 12:31 PM. Reason: update