Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

how do i delete my account

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 12:15 PM
smatty_mcfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i delete my account

can someone please tell me how to delete my rcuniverse account? i'm sick of getting spammed by all the "a thread you have subscribed to has a new message..." emails. I can't find a way to turn it off.

Plus i'm exiting the hobby and I don't need the account anymore.

thx

smatty
Old 10-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: how do i delete my account

Stopping the email is very simple. Whenever you receive an email, go to the thread and unsubscribe. That will stop the email.

As far as deleting you account, you can't do that. You could just simply quit using the account or you can send email to one of the administrators requesting that you account be removed. If you are concerned about any of your personal information, you could go in and change your profile and put in bogus information. I would not recommend that because it could basically ruin your account rendering it useless if you should decide to use it in the future.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:50 PM
smatty_mcfly

thx for the info Lightfoot. The interesting thing is I never subscribed to any of the threads i'm receiving email about. I did read them at some point (several months ago). Does this mean I auto-subscribe to a thread whenever I read it? Is there an option to turn that off? Maybe I just want to glance through a thread and then forget about it, rather than receiving emails.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that you would only receive one of those "thread subscription" emails if you had read the thread since the previous "thread subscription" email you received regarding the same thread. Well, I haven't read any of these threads in months, and I get like 20 emails a day.

Anyway, i'll go and try the unsubscribe method you suggested.

Thanks again

smatty
Old 10-04-2003, 07:14 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forums/subscribe.asp

uncheck the subscriptions or email notify from that. You can also get to this by clicking the subscriptions link in your welcome panel on the homepage or by going to the Inbox button in the gold navbar.

Our email behaviour sends out an email with every reply but this week that will change back to the old behaviour where you get one email until you come back and visit the board no matter how many replies occur after the initial one.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:53 AM
Oopsla

Make some change to your profile info. Submit the changes. In the updated window you will see in a red bar just under the "GENERAL PROFILE" that says "Deactivate Membership Permanently".
Old 04-05-2024, 07:24 PM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrong...doesn't work!
Old 04-11-2024, 02:37 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rcuser004
Wrong...doesn't work!
It likely did nine years ago when Oopsla posted it.......

Been a number of software "upgrades" since 2015
Old 04-11-2024, 03:02 PM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

This site is the Hotel California.

You can check out, but you can never leave.