Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Home made fishing bait boat problem HELP please?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Home made fishing bait boat problem HELP please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 03:34 AM
vernon parker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Home made fishing bait boat problem HELP please?

Hi RC community. My first post. Is anyone willing to troubleshoot a problem Ive got with my home made RC bait boat? If anyone is, I will post the problem and all the details here.

Thanks in advance,

Vernon.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:38 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

If you let us know some details about the boat and the nature of the problem, somebody will help. But first it might be a good idea to search for bait boat problems - it will likely be the case that somebody else has already asked your question and got their answer.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:35 AM
vernon parker

Originally Posted by mfr02
If you let us know some details about the boat and the nature of the problem, somebody will help. But first it might be a good idea to search for bait boat problems - it will likely be the case that somebody else has already asked your question and got their answer.
Thanks for the reply. I have done a search but cant find a problem that matches my problem specifically.

I have a home made fishing bait boat.
Twin prop.
Two motor.
Two viper ESC's (one for each motor)
V mixer cable.
Futaba 136F 6 channel FM 40mhz receiver with detachable 1.5v battery pack.

Matching Futaba transmitter gear which came as a package.

Both motors receive power through the ESCs and via a seperate12v battery.

Two servos operating the two bait hoppers.

The problem: both motors (channels 3 and 4) are either erratic or not working at all.

Everything is receiving power. I can hear power in the motors even when they are not moving/ responding to the transmitter signals.

I know how to re-set the ESCs to the transmitter and I have done this several times before the problem successfully and several time after the problem developed which has not solved the problem. The ESCs LEDs are showing power and they seem to go through the set up sequence correctly when I have tried re-setting the transmitter to the receiver.

I have swapped out the leads with each other and it makes no difference, so I dont think a faulty lead is the problem. (I could be wrong of course).

All batteries are fully charged.

the two servos and hoppers (channel 1 and 2) are working fine, even when I swap them to channel 3 and 4 they work fine!

I have swapped leads from channel 1 and 2 with channel 3 and 4 and vice versa and it makes no difference.

The boat has worked very successfully many times prior the the problem developing so I'm confident it has not been set up incorrectly. No components in the boat have been recently changed in any way.

I'm totally at a loss as to what has gone wrong and ive run ive out of ideas. However, I'm not a RC enthusiast so my knowledge is limited. That's why I'm turning to the experts. Really hope someone can help me. I would be so grateful.

I think I have included all the info I can think of. I can include a wiring diagram it anyone thinks it will help?

Regards

Vernon.

Last edited by vernon parker; 05-13-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:54 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I read recently about somebody having problems with a V tail mixer. What seemed the best opinion was that it should have been a W tail mixer. Sadly, I can't remember where I saw it.
I can't recall any radio needing a 1.5 volt battery pack. If a radio battery is used, it is usually a 4.8 or 6 volt pack.
Viper ESCs have a BEC built in to supply a regulated 5 volts to the receiver from the main (12 volt) battery. A separate battery for the receiver is very much not wanted. One of the Vipers should have the red lead of the plug cable disconnected* so that the two regulated supplies are not competing, which sometimes does nothing, but equally has the potential for creating unpredictable problems.
It is normal for motors connected to Viper ESCs to make a high pitched hum, but not at neutral. That indicates that they are not seeing stick neutral as an actual neutral.
No experience with your particular radio, but Futaba were in the habit of indulging in reverse logic as a way of confusing people. They also set neutral differently. OK as long a only Futaba parts were used, but allowances had to be made of using something from the rest of the world. Setting the servo reverse sliders on the motor channel to "reverse" before setting up the ESC "might" help.

*Do not cut it. Extract the receptacle from the housing and tape it neatly back along the cable. You can always restore it later if needed.
The following users liked this post:
vernon parker (05-13-2020)
Old 03-01-2024, 12:38 AM
Riyan17

I'm experiencing some trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've put a lot of effort into building it, but it seems to be malfunctioning. If anyone has encountered similar issues or has expertise in this area, please share your insights. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Old 03-01-2024, 12:39 AM
Riyan17

Hey there! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your homemade fishing bait boat. It sounds like a frustrating situation. Could you provide more details about the specific problem you're encountering? That way, the community can offer targeted advice and solutions to help you get your bait boat up and running smoothly again. Hang in there, we're here to help!
Old 03-01-2024, 12:39 AM
Riyan17

Having trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. It's not functioning properly. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-01-2024, 12:40 AM
Riyan17

I'm having trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:41 AM
Riyan17

Experiencing issues with my homemade fishing bait boat. Any suggestions or advice to troubleshoot and fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:11 AM
Riyan17

Hi everyone, I've run into a bit of a snag with my homemade fishing bait boat project and could really use some advice. I've encountered an issue with [specific problem], and despite my best efforts, I can't seem to figure out a solution. If anyone has experience or suggestions to offer, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:12 AM
Riyan17

I've been having trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. It seems like it's not moving smoothly through the water or maybe it's not baiting effectively. Can anyone offer some advice or troubleshooting tips? I've checked the motor and the bait release mechanism, but I'm still stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:13 AM
Riyan17

I'm having trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. It's not moving smoothly in the water, and I'm not sure why. I've tried adjusting the weight distribution and the propulsion system, but it's still not working as expected. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:13 AM
Riyan17

I built a homemade fishing bait boat, but I'm encountering some issues. The boat seems unstable in the water, causing bait deployment problems. I've tried adjusting the weight distribution, but it hasn't helped much. Any suggestions or advice on how to improve the stability and functionality of my DIY bait boat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:14 AM
Riyan17

I'm having trouble with my homemade fishing bait boat. It seems to be malfunctioning, and I'm not sure why. I've checked all the components and connections, but it still won't work properly. If anyone has experience with DIY bait boats or troubleshooting electrical systems, I'd really appreciate some advice or guidance. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Old 04-29-2024, 11:12 AM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to let people know what type of component you are using.
rc system
ESCs
Motor
Battery
A picture will also help.