Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Synthesized TX to Crystal RX???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:47 AM
SoAzRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized TX to Crystal RX???

I need a new transmitter for my RC cars (5 vehicles, 3 transmitters now). Thinking about the JR Synthesized with 6-model memory (XS, I believe). I have all JR crystal-type receivers now. Will I have to replace all my RX or can I simply dial in the channel on the TX synthesizer for the car I'm running? This has probably been answered elsewhere, but I can't find a thread...
Old 03-10-2005, 07:13 AM
MN_Gumby

Default RE: Synthesized TX to Crystal RX???

You can just dial in your transmitter if they're all on the same band either 27 or 75mhz just can't mix and match
Old 03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
gerwen

I bet it would work, as long as they are compatible TX/RX combos phase shift wise. (I think thats the right term.) JR and airtronics share the same phase shift, while Futaba and Hitec share another (or so i've heard)

What you should do is take your car to the lhs with a charged rx battery, and ask to test it with their display model (if they have one). Take the 8 aa's for the TX too so the lhs guys don't have to find some for you. If they want to sell you a radio, they'll let you try it out.

Make sure you come back here and let us know. I have an XS3 and am curious to know your result.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 PM
sasquatch1976

Go ahead. I have the JR XS-6 FM RACE (10 model) Synthesized transmitter and operate all my cars with it.

In my Mini-T though there is not that much space (have brushless system in it with rather large ESC), so I bought a Rex-4 reciever (unknown brand even) and a crystal that matches one of the 22 frequencies in my 40 MHz FM version (live in Europe so 75 MHz is not available and the 27 MHz version is only 6 channels)

Plug the crystal in the reciever and chose the right freq. and Off we go....

Hope this helps

PS: Just remember that there is some channelspacing btw. the Tx and Rx crystals. On the PLL Synth. anyhow, so you would want to get a reciever crystal.

Regards from Denmark