Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

U CAN DO

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

U CAN DO

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:43 AM
dmurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U CAN DO

Hi guys just purchases a Great planes U CAN DO 46 and have a YS63s to install in it. Anyone have this plane/engine combination and what is it like.

Thanks D.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 AM
PA BEN

Default RE: U CAN DO

A guy in our club has this with a satio 52, he says it's under powered, but I watched him fly it. Hover, knife edge you name it. Nice plane, someday I'll get one too.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

That engine should yank the h#ll out of it. Carefull with the speed though. The plane is prone to flutter with it's large control surfaces and light weight.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM
alehar

I have installed OS MAX 0.70 Surpass, patternel aviate superbly I - command.

http://www.alehar.aplus.pl/galeria_u...ierpien08.html

www.alehar.aplus.pl
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 AM
jzrf6c

I had an OS 75 installed in my U-can-do but I couldn't. Keep it flying that is. Great plane but had some bad tendencies. Easy to fly but I could never master the problems my fat fingers caused. I was going to replace it after the crash however, I was surprised by the price increase.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59 AM
saintcreed
My Feedback: (205)

On my 4th one now...couple of dumb thumbs and a leaky fuel tank...the YS 63 would be just a little on the short side...I've got that on my MoJo 40, now that's a great combo...this last 46 ucando I went with a Satio 91, the first 3 had the recommended OS 70...not a bad combination, but the plane really has come alive with the Satio 91...Jumps out of a hover and out of trouble if it rears it's ugly head,... if you check you'll see there isn't any weight difference between the two engines to speak of....in fact on my postal scales the Satio weighed in just less than the OS...ran a 14x4w on the 70 and am running a 15x4w on the 91..15%
Above someone mentioned bad tendencies...the only one I can find fault with is it doesn't harrier very well without alot of wing rock...one has to be on top of it all the time...trying an experiment tomorrow on that...installing some 1/8" dowels 4" long 3" back from the leading edge at the wing tips .... top an bottom...seen sail plane pilots do this....keeps the tips from stalling before the wing root stalls...so they say...will find out...set your cg at 5" back from the leading edge for your first few flights and then slowly move it back until you reach your limit...but don't go beyond 6"..I'm at 6" now and it's just a tad tail heavy...takes a little down elevator to land...just wants to keep floating along nose up...with about a 5-7mph head wind it will just kinda stand still...little more wind and it will even back up...you'll love it....a very easy forgiving plane to land...good luck with it...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
opjose

Some of the posters are comparing the other four stroke engines to the YS, which is not an accurate comparison as the YS is a Supercharged engine.

That YS will haul the .46 UCD around just fine.

As Robotech mentioned your only problem is to AVOID overspeeding the plane.

The UCD is a plane that is best flown SLOWLY, as it is a lightly built 3D flyer.

Use a 4W type prop on it, and you'll get powerful pull outs from 3D positions.

The plane flies at a crawl, and lands even slower.