Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Dazzler .40

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 06:23 PM
blueangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dazzler .40

I have never built a kit before. I was hoping if anyone could tell me if this kit goes together easy. And if it had any bad points. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Gastronom

Default Dazzler .40

Kit is very easy to build. If you use a hot engine like an OS .46 FX, then you'll want to re-engineer the tail featehrs and make them solid instead of built up, this stregthens them and also omits any tail weight that you might have to add. Just so you know, the Uproar .40 is almost identical , um doesn't have turtle deck, but is cheaper. Good luck.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:03 PM
avistar181

Default Dazzler .40

this may sound stupid coming from an r/cer who has progressed well into his first kit, but what exactly is a turtle deck and what affect does it have on the airfram, if any??
Old 03-18-2003, 11:01 PM
crashntrash

Default Dazzler .40

It's not a dumb question Ken. It's the part of the fuse from the canopy to the empennage (the tail feathers). The dazzler has a turtle deck (rounded top of the fuse), the uproar doesn't. It employs a simple box or square shaped fuse. I doubt seriously if it really effects the aerodynamics. Certainly not enough to tell. The uproar is currently retailing at $45, but they sometimes run it on sale for $5 less. Shipping on it was right at $5 if I remember right. The Dazzler is more; I think it's about $55 or $60. Both can be viewed and compared at www.towerhobbies.com. You can see the turtle deck on the dazzler. It looks better than the uproar, but is it worth paying for? Not to me.

[email protected]
Old 03-19-2003, 01:12 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default Dazzler .40

I’m just finishing one up for a friend. The biggest problem I find is when you’re about to cover. The plane is one piece, and it makes it difficult to cover, because either wing or the fuse is in the way! The canopy is a bit of a pain to install, as I’ve seen one fly without it..

Great Plane kits are probably some of the best out there, especially designed fo rhe first time / part time builders out there.

Just my 2 cents.. You might want to think about the Sig ‘Somethin Extra’. It builds quick, fast and straight, is capable of just about every maneuver that the Dazzler can do, but looks more like a real airplane, than a square edges stick model plane.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:31 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Default Dazzler .40

I am a custom builder, typically 30% planes and up......I have one of these and I am doing a custom job on it. I have SPECIAL ordered foam cores for the wings to give it about 100 sq in more surface area and making them PLUG IN. With these modification aside, it is an EASY build. Follow the instructions and you won't go wrong......WITH ANY PLANE, THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO BUILD STRAIGHT
Old 04-15-2003, 03:12 PM
edberry22

Default Dazzler .40

I just finished up with one of these, and I must say it is a FAST builder, hard to mess it up. Even when I thought I hit a roadblock, just sat down and cleared my head, rethought the step again and figured it out.
SHe is waiting for covering, radio, and engine right now.