Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

I went brushless whit my E-sky this setup rocks

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

I went brushless whit my E-sky this setup rocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
heliramos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I went brushless whit my E-sky this setup rocks

HI everybody i went brushless and i have to say this setup is good the heli is very stable in hover and flight because of the littel more weight.also the wind has less effect on the heli.
My setup, Motor: Himax 2015-4100 main motor.GWS DD tail motor 3020 prop.
Esc: Phoenix 10 main motor and the humming board for the tail motor.
Gyro: Futaba GY 240.
Receiver:Webra Nano S6.
Transmitter:Futaba T4YF 4ch.
Batteries:Lipo 2S 1500mA kokam.
Servos:GWS Pico+BB

The reason going for the Humming board as a tail ESC was that i first had a JES 050(plane) ESC my problem whit this ESC was that to arm the ESC i had to give full left stick input and when returning to neutral position the tail motor spools up verry fast and this is not the way a tail motor should work so the option was to get a trec ESC$$$ who supports mixing and you can turn mixing off or the cheap option the humming board also mixing except this time you don't use the main motor function on the board. I simply connected the brown red and orange wires(throttle) with the brown red orange wires of the phoenix 10 and connected these to channel 3 of the receiver every thing els stays the same gyro input to channel 4, gyro output to rudder input on the humming board and your done.No more kamikaze almost kill me arming routines.Now the tail motor spools up nicely synchronized whit the main motor when giving throttle.
Because of that SORT of mixing i can now tune the heli tail whit Heading Hold off and when dialed in correctly i turn on the HH function.When using heading hold you dont need mixing but this setup is not really a mixing setup but it works the first thing i sad to my self was whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw this setup rocks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45790.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	187589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90307.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	187590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88515.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	187591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94675.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	187592  
Old 10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
pui30576

Default RE: I went brushless whit my E-sky this setup rocks

Wow
How about changing the blade~?
It will come much more controllable
Old 10-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Deleted User

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-23-2004, 10:12 AM
RCelectrichelinut

I just installed a Himaxx 5400 kv motor and phoneix 10 on my micro hummingbird and it does rock. I am also using the hummingbird board for the tail. I have the esky 4 channel radio and receiver. My only problem right now is I am using the GWS PG-03 gyro and with that TX that means no mixing so the tail is slighty uncontrollable. I can still fly it fine though. I am going to get a futaba GY 240 and I'll be all set.
I am using the same exact battery as you also (1500 kokam 2s) and 2 cells is plenty of power. The 5400 kv gets hot on 2 cells. Really nice setup up.It is amazing how much more stable it seems now.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Ozydego

very nicely done, I have a brushless coming for my pic pro, and this makes me even more hopeful.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:49 PM
marky1
My Feedback: (4)

what heli is this exactly? when u say esky it's a company right? If so what heli is it that esky makes?
Thanks
Mark